2017 Rule Change Proposal - Starting Lineup Rule Changes

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

2017 Rule Change Proposal - Starting Lineup Rule Changes

Postby TrueDawg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 pm

I just found 2 settings on MFL that I think we should consider changing.

One is the setting that automatically carries over starting lineups from the previous week. This causes some issues with TNF games, because owners can wait til after TNF to set their lineups to see how the guys playing on Thursday do. If they do well, you can just not set your lineup and you get to keep their points. If they suck, you just go set your lineup...and when you do this, MFL removes TNF players from your starting lineup and won't LET you start them cuz they already played. I think not carrying over the previous week's lineup fixes this problem. I suggest we turn this off.

The other is a setting that would prevent owners from starting players on bye weeks...

Thoughts on these?

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2017 Rule Change Proposal - Starting Lineup Rule Changes

Postby Dre » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:41 pm

I don't like the first option given the TNF loophole, that's just not right

I like the second option

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:25 am

I'm definitely in favor of MFL not automatically using your previous lineup. It takes like 5 seconds to submit a lineup. Requiring a manual submission isn't exactly asking a lot.

Not in favor of forcefully preventing guys from starting players on bye. There are perfectly legitimate reasons for this to be allowed, especially if you have a kicker/defense with a rough bye to navigate for whatever reason. Also, how is starting someone on bye any worse than starting someone that's injured and clearly out? If you're going to block one, then I think you need to block both, but don't know if MFL allows for the latter.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:37 am

Dre wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:41 pm I don't like the first option given the TNF loophole, that's just not right
I'm not sure what you mean...that's how it currently works. Maybe my initial post wasn't clear (and I've edited it clarify) but I'm suggesting we turn OFF the automatic carry over. So you'd be forced to manually set your lineup EVERY week or your lineup would be empty. Owners couldn't take advantage of the automatic carry over for TNF games.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:25 am

TrueDawg wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 pm I just found 2 settings on MFL that I think we should consider changing.

One is the setting that automatically carries over starting lineups from the previous week. This causes some issues with TNF games, because owners can wait til after TNF to set their lineups to see how the guys playing on Thursday do. If they do well, you can just not set your lineup and you get to keep their points. If they suck, you just go set your lineup...and when you do this, MFL removes TNF players from your starting lineup and won't LET you start them cuz they already played. I think not carrying over the previous week's lineup fixes this problem. I suggest we turn this off.

The other is a setting that would prevent owners from starting players on bye weeks...

Thoughts on these?
We should turn off the automatic carryover from the previous week. This fixes a major problem.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:42 pm

TrueDawg wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:37 am
Dre wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:41 pm I don't like the first option given the TNF loophole, that's just not right
I'm not sure what you mean...that's how it currently works. Maybe my initial post wasn't clear (and I've edited it clarify) but I'm suggesting we turn OFF the automatic carry over. So you'd be forced to manually set your lineup EVERY week or your lineup would be empty. Owners couldn't take advantage of the automatic carry over for TNF games.
Yeah sorry I misunderstood, I agree that the automatic carryover should be removed

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:40 am

Xulu Bak wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:25 am Not in favor of forcefully preventing guys from starting players on bye. There are perfectly legitimate reasons for this to be allowed, especially if you have a kicker/defense with a rough bye to navigate for whatever reason. Also, how is starting someone on bye any worse than starting someone that's injured and clearly out? If you're going to block one, then I think you need to block both, but don't know if MFL allows for the latter.
Fair point...I'm okay with leaving this as-is.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 am

Everyone who commented agreed... MFL will long longer automatically carry your lineup forward from the previous week.