2016 League Discussion Thread

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2016 League Discussion Thread

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Characterizing staring scrubs and players on their bye as "strategy" is horseShit. And I don't give a crap what the 76ers do. Maybe the NBA doesn't care if teams tank...I do. I am the commissioner so it's kindof my job to worry about the competitiveness and integrity of the league. All the owners in this league deserve better.

There is nothing anyone can say to defend even having the Browns defense on a roster...much less starting them. I'm a Browns fan...I watch them. Their defense is absolutely useless. They're a complete joke.

I have 4 kids and 3 jobs and my wife is in nursing school...and I obviously take care of all the commish duties. I'm not going to say I've never forgotten to set my lineup...that would be a lie. But it's rare...it doesn't just start happening coincidentally when I realize my team isn't going to make the playoffs.

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Dre wrote:
sprtsfrk208 wrote:You would be naive if you don't think this doesn't happen in professional sports, it's a strategy, sometimes it doesn't work out too.
No one is denying that but its not how we want this league to be played
So I should try to not get a high draft pick when my team is going no where this season?

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:09 pm

sprtsfrk208 wrote:
Dre wrote:
sprtsfrk208 wrote:You would be naive if you don't think this doesn't happen in professional sports, it's a strategy, sometimes it doesn't work out too.
No one is denying that but its not how we want this league to be played
So I should try to not get a high draft pick when my team is going no where this season?
So do you wanna play in a league where half the teams start tanking after 6-7 weeks?

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:11 pm

There's plenty of times when younger players are played over veteran, more experienced players. That's a strategy.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:11 pm

sprtsfrk208 wrote:So I should try to not get a high draft pick when my team is going no where this season?
You didn't even bother to set your lineup this week...

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:14 pm

No one is denying that but its not how we want this league to be played[/quote]

So I should try to not get a high draft pick when my team is going no where this season?[/quote]

So do you wanna play in a league where half the teams start tanking after 6-7 weeks?[/quote]

So you want to play in a league where owners complain and don't worry about their own teams? I'm only hurting the development of my team if a strategy of mine doesn't work. Most contending teams don't worry about non-playoff squads.

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:15 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
sprtsfrk208 wrote:So I should try to not get a high draft pick when my team is going no where this season?
You didn't even bother to set your lineup this week...
My god, I should be fired!

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:17 pm

I hope the commish drops the hammer if it happens again

Otherwise I might as well start doing it too

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Dre wrote:I hope the commish drops the hammer if it happens again

Otherwise I might as well start doing it too
It was an honest mistake that I forgot to set my lineup, I told you it wasn't intentional.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:23 pm

I'll be proposing a lottery system or something for the draft order of non-playoff teams in the offseason.

Maybe I"ll include bench points and just give the #1 pick to the actual worst team (fewest total points scored including starters and bench), regardless of their record. That way, benching your good players won't help you.

I dunno...I'll think of something.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:43 pm

http://www60.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... 01&SORT=PP

There we go. 2nd column... "Potential Points"

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:By the way, THIS is a goddamn perfect reason why giving wildcard to points is smart. Get the hell out of here with that record BS when my main rival for the wildcard is getting free wins like this.
We don't agree all the time...but I'm with you on this scenario, and subject matter. Dre is rebuilding, he's won the league...I have never met him, nor you, and most of the other owners. Everyone has always fought to try and,( win or score more points)(which normally transpires in a win) Never seen this happen before ever, ever. :shock:

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:23 pm

sprtsfrk208 wrote:No one is denying that but its not how we want this league to be played
So I should try to not get a high draft pick when my team is going no where this season?[/quote]

So do you wanna play in a league where half the teams start tanking after 6-7 weeks?[/quote]

So you want to play in a league where owners complain and don't worry about their own teams? I'm only hurting the development of my team if a strategy of mine doesn't work. Most contending teams don't worry about non-playoff squads.[/quote]

The last paragragh, is where you missing the point. Especially if you want W vs L considered the only way to make the the playoffs. Yes contending teams, do worry about non-contending teams due to the fact contending teams
play non contending teams every week and the outcome determines many things. And yes your shitty lineup matters to the whole league, play right or move on.

Your arguement about ponts vs W-L just sank like the Titanic.
Last edited by citsalp1 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:18 pm

citsalp1 wrote:The last paragragh, is where you missing the point. Especially if you want W vs L considered the only way to make the the playoffs. Yes contending teams, do worry about non-contending teams due to the fact contending teams
play non contending teams every week.

Yep...my division rival got a cheap victory this week against a team that wasn't even trying. That impacts my chances to make the playoffs. Tanking isn't a "victimless crime"...

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:22 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
citsalp1 wrote:The last paragragh, is where you missing the point. Especially if you want W vs L considered the only way to make the the playoffs. Yes contending teams, do worry about non-contending teams due to the fact contending teams
play non contending teams every week.

Yep...my division rival got a cheap victory this week against a team that wasn't even trying. That impacts my chances to make the playoffs. Tanking isn't a "victimless crime"...
Yeah I noticed that...but you picked up points on me and Xulu