2016 League Discussion Thread

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2016 League Discussion Thread

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:So are we going to do anything about SMTM blatantly tanking or just continue to allow him to ruin the integrity of the league?

This is a fukking disgrace.

Marshall, Diggs, Robinson, Cruz, Wallace on the bench. Two bye players starting and some dude called Rashard Higgins, who I've never heard of.
I sent him a PM warning him that if it happens again, I will call for his removal from the league.

And everyone else in the league should consider this your warning too.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Was in a 51 point hole after TNF going against Jameis and Evans but I'm right back in it.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Sucks to know that my game would already be won if I didn't change QB at the last second, but if I can't get 20 points out of Carr and Shady, I might as well jump off a bridge anyway. :lol:

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:So are we going to do anything about SMTM blatantly tanking or just continue to allow him to ruin the integrity of the league?

Marshall, Diggs, Robinson, Cruz, Wallace on the bench. Two bye players starting and some dude called Rashard Higgins, who I've never heard of.
And while we're at it, how about starting Buck Allen, Dwayne Washington, Justin Hardy, and the fvcking BROWNS defense with Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Sterling Shepard, and the Chiefs defense on the bench...

This $hit needs to stop right now. Seriously, the Browns defense? That's indefensible.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:31 pm

TrueDawg wrote:

And while we're at it, how about starting Buck Allen, Dwayne Washington, Justin Hardy, and the fvcking BROWNS defense with Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Sterling Shepard, and the Chiefs defense on the bench...

This $hit needs to stop right now. Seriously, the Browns defense? That's indefensible.
Yeah that's a joke and I would've expected better from MB

I say one warning and then boot them out, we can find more active owners if needed, it ruins the integrity of the league

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Emailed the entire league...I have had enough

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:45 pm

I think it's kind of ridiculous to think that some of us have an actual life outside of fantasy football, like family, kids, etc. I'm not a perfect fantasy player and no I'm not intentionally tanking, I have more integrity than that. Like time I checked, the nba sixers rebuild by using a semi-tanking strategy to achieve better draft position. Worry about your own teams and your strategy, because everyone has their own strategy based on team record.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:52 pm

TrueDawg wrote:

Xuxlu did this exact same thing in the playoffs because it helped his team and no one threatened to kick him out of the league? I at least started active players at every spot. He didn't even do that. I'm not sure why this is any different?

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:53 pm

sprtsfrk208 wrote:I think it's kind of ridiculous to think that some of us have an actual life outside of fantasy football, like family, kids, etc. I'm not a perfect fantasy player and no I'm not intentionally tanking, I have more integrity than that. Like time I checked, the nba sixers rebuild by using a semi-tanking strategy to achieve better draft position. Worry about your own teams and your strategy, because everyone has their own strategy based on team record.
Many of us have family, work, kids, etc. Regardless if you play in the league you commit to playing the right way. Starting scrubs and players on bye is blatant tanking and ruins the integrity of the league. Are you suggesting its OK to tank for draft position?

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:54 pm

monkeybones wrote:
TrueDawg wrote:

Xuxlu did this exact same thing in the playoffs because it helped his team and no one threatened to kick him out of the league? I at least started active players at every spot. He didn't even do that. I'm not sure why this is any different?
I raised the Xulu issue at the time also

Its pretty simple guys, you should be starting your best lineup every week, otherwise you're tanking and that is bleep for the league

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:55 pm

You would be naive if you don't think this doesn't happen in professional sports, it's a strategy, sometimes it doesn't work out too.

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:56 pm

What happened to proven track record in the league of being active?

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:00 pm

sprtsfrk208 wrote:You would be naive if you don't think this doesn't happen in professional sports, it's a strategy, sometimes it doesn't work out too.
No one is denying that but its not how we want this league to be played

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:01 pm

sprtsfrk208 wrote:What happened to proven track record in the league of being active?
Active owners are great but tanking ruins the league

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Dre wrote:
sprtsfrk208 wrote:What happened to proven track record in the league of being active?
Active owners are great but tanking ruins the league
You are completely missing the point.