2016 - Illegal Roster Thread

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

2016 - Illegal Roster Thread

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:49 pm

With the acquisition of Rashad Jennings, Multiple Scorgasms is over the roster limit of 19

With the acquisition of Torrey Smith, Thunder Down Under is over the roster limit of 19

Both teams have 24 hours to comply with the roster limit rules.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Re: 2016 - Illegal Roster Thread

Postby jimscafs25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Thought the offseason roster limit was 21?

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:36 am

jimscafs25 wrote:Thought the offseason roster limit was 21?
Practice squad is gone...

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:54 am

I didn't know the 2 were connected.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:17 am

jimscafs25 wrote:I didn't know the 2 were connected.
Yes, the active roster was 18 and we had 3 PS spots. The active and PS spots were basically lumped together in the offseason. We eliminated the PS and added a roster spot. We now always have 19 roster spots.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:43 am

No problem. I'll comply.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:40 am

I miss the PS already.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:52 pm

I don't...the PS was full of loopholes. Next year we can discuss adding a couple "offseason" roster spots. I'd be fine with that.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:05 pm

I do too, roster seems too small

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:36 pm

You can bitch about the PS all you want, but with out a place to stash 3 rd rounder's, an a spare K, or D...the draft is a mute point beyond the first round for most.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:00 am

As of today's updates, Dr. Manhattan Blues and Thunder Down Under are over the roster limit

Dr. Manhattan Blues is also over the salary cap.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:43 am

citsalp1 wrote:You can bitch about the PS all you want, but with out a place to stash 3 rd rounder's, an a spare K, or D...the draft is a mute point beyond the first round for most.
I do agree and actually regret voting to remove it thanks to the spare D and 2nd or 3rd rounders you mention. I'm in the crappy position of having to decide between signing a nice UFA with cap space I have ... or keeping my 2nd round draft pick ... or keeping a backup defense or kicker which, according to the voters of this league, is important.

I hope next year we can really bump up the roster spots, why should we limit the abilities of owners to find the best players? If a few owners somehow end up with more than their share, well good for them and boo-hoo for the guys who are scrambling to find 19 roster worthy players. And *IF* that doesn't pass, I definitely think we should add 2 more roster spots with the pure designation of being for your 2nd kicker and 2nd defense.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:48 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:I do agree and actually regret voting to remove it thanks to the spare D and 2nd or 3rd rounders you mention. I'm in the crappy position of having to decide between signing a nice UFA with cap space I have ... or keeping my 2nd round draft pick ... or keeping a backup defense or kicker which, according to the voters of this league, is important.

I hope next year we can really bump up the roster spots, why should we limit the abilities of owners to find the best players? If a few owners somehow end up with more than their share, well good for them and boo-hoo for the guys who are scrambling to find 19 roster worthy players. And *IF* that doesn't pass, I definitely think we should add 2 more roster spots with the pure designation of being for your 2nd kicker and 2nd defense.
We should just f@#king get rid of kickers and defenses (I never thought defenses should be PS-eligible anyway). Why the hell anyone carries more than one I don't understand. But if you want to cut a good player or refrain from signing one to keep a backup kicker or defense, that's your prerogative. I'm carrying five draft picks...I don't see how the roster limit impacts draft picks (in a normal year you only have three).

As for adding roster spots...people whined about it depleting the talent pool, so we only added one when we got rid of the PS.

I don't miss the PS but I'm open to the idea of adding some type of inactive roster spots, whose contracts do not change when they're promoted. That was the big loophole with the PS... it was being used to circumvent the automatic 1-year contract for in-season pickups. Owners would either hope someone bid on their player so they could match and give him a multi-year deal, or carry the player though the offseason and promote him at the beginning of the next season and give him a multi-year deal.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:59 am

TrueDawg wrote:
Multiple Scorgasms wrote:I do agree and actually regret voting to remove it thanks to the spare D and 2nd or 3rd rounders you mention. I'm in the crappy position of having to decide between signing a nice UFA with cap space I have ... or keeping my 2nd round draft pick ... or keeping a backup defense or kicker which, according to the voters of this league, is important.

We should just f@#king get rid of kickers and defenses (I never thought defenses should be PS-eligible anyway). Why the hell anyone carries more than one I don't understand. But if you want to cut a good player or refrain from signing one to keep a backup kicker or defense, that's your prerogative. I'm carrying five draft picks...I don't see how the roster limit impacts draft picks (in a normal year you only have three).

As for adding roster spots...people whined about it depleting the talent pool, so we only added one when we got rid of the PS.

I don't miss the PS but I'm open to the idea of adding some type of inactive roster spots, whose contracts do not change when they're promoted. That was the big loophole with the PS... it was being used to circumvent the automatic 1-year contract for in-season pickups.
I agree. Just get rid of the kickers and defense. That adds at least 2 roster spots if not more.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:05 pm

Well of course get rid of those.

Basically there are a bunch of pussies in this league who want kickers and defenses and don't want bigger rosters so that other owners can sign and draft better players away from them.

As for carrying 5 draft picks, I mean sure that's easy when you're not competing for a title. 5 draft picks wouldn't make my roster. That's why adding more spots would be great. I can't see the downside at all. Thinning the talent pool? Well do better with who you draft and sign and that won't be a problem. We all have the same opportunity. :thumbup:

EDIT: not the thread for this though so I'll save the pleading to make this a tougher league for next year or at least another thread!