2018 Rule Change Suggestions

The league forum for the Tecmo Bowl Fantasy League

Moderators: TrueDawg, monkeybones, Dionosys

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2018 Rule Change Suggestions

Postby TrueDawg » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:37 am

monkeybones wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:11 am Why not just add a roster spot and forget the whole Taxi Squad thing? All this is really doing is allowing teams to fill in for players who aren't officially on IR. Adding another roster spot would help with that and be way easier to administer. It would deplete the available talent on the WW though.
Because I don't like the idea of EVERYONE having another "normal" roster spot. It thins the talent pool even more than it already is. Cuz most people will just sign another player to a long-term contract in the offseason.

I'd rather just have spots that only injured players are eligible for (but that doesn't mean they would have to officially be on IR)...

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:40 am

This is a PPR league. I love PPR. I've always preferred it to "standard" because it deemphasizes TDs, improving the value of multi-faceted RBs and "possession WRs" that move the chains. I wouldn't want to make any drastic change away from that, but as the game has changed, I wonder if MFL offers any alternatives that "make more sense." For example:

If LeSean McCoy gets a 2-yard run for a first down, then I get 0.2 points. If LeSean McCoy catches a pass and losses 2 yards, then I get 0.8. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Not suggesting any specific change at this point, mostly just curious what, if any, options there might be. Is there any way to restrict which receptions gain points? Can a minimum yardage be applied? Can points be attributed to receiving first downs instead of just receptions? Anything like that?

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:50 am

TrueDawg wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:37 am
monkeybones wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:11 am Why not just add a roster spot and forget the whole Taxi Squad thing? All this is really doing is allowing teams to fill in for players who aren't officially on IR. Adding another roster spot would help with that and be way easier to administer. It would deplete the available talent on the WW though.
Because I don't like the idea of EVERYONE having another "normal" roster spot. It thins the talent pool even more than it already is. Cuz most people will just sign another player to a long-term contract in the offseason.

I'd rather just have spots that only injured players are eligible for (but that doesn't mean they would have to officially be on IR)...
That's a fair concern. And why I threw out the alternative of mimicking our IR to the NFLs and detaching NFL team's IR decisions from our IR eligibility.

I agree with SSHoundz that IR shouldn't be for stashing suspended players though (acknowledging that I've done it myself). If you want that flexibility, then it should be extended to simply being "inactive" roster spots.

SSHoundz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SSHoundz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Xulu Bak wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:40 am This is a PPR league. I love PPR. I've always preferred it to "standard" because it deemphasizes TDs, improving the value of multi-faceted RBs and "possession WRs" that move the chains. I wouldn't want to make any drastic change away from that, but as the game has changed, I wonder if MFL offers any alternatives that "make more sense." For example:

If LeSean McCoy gets a 2-yard run for a first down, then I get 0.2 points. If LeSean McCoy catches a pass and losses 2 yards, then I get 0.8. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Not suggesting any specific change at this point, mostly just curious what, if any, options there might be. Is there any way to restrict which receptions gain points? Can a minimum yardage be applied? Can points be attributed to receiving first downs instead of just receptions? Anything like that?
This is the only PPR league I'm in. Not a huge fan but interesting to look at players differently. There should be PPD (drop), prob -2. The catch for 1st down (or 3rd/4th down conversion) extra points is interesting, give extra for the big catches. I don't wanna figure all that out though. Kinda back to the post on LESS RULES... I stink pretty bad so not sure my opinions should even count. :wtf:

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:11 am

For as large as our rosters have to be, depth should matter. Add another starter...

Maybe eliminate one flex spot, and replace it with a RB and WR.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:18 pm

For 2019:

"Players that were on the official NFL IR list the previous year are ineligible." (RE: contract renegs)

This seems really unnecessary. Players coming off injuries in the NFL are often prime candidates to re-do their deals almost because of that fact. I don't see any argument for it at all tbh.