Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:25 am

TDU gives:

Duke Johnson

MS gives:

Big Ben
Frank Gore
Austin Hooper

Conditional aspect:

If TDU wins Brian Hoyer in auction, he will be traded to MS for nothing (i.e. he's part of this deal, but we can't make the deal later due to the massive time differences for us)

For those who will inevitably come and say WTF:

This is a win-win trade because I desperately need cap space (after going from winning no one in UFA to suddenly winning everyone), and Dre uses all his cap space on a bunch of talent ... if not for this deal, I'm in a cap hell that's almost impossible to get out of (trust me, I considered the options)

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trade: TDU and MS

Postby Dre » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:26 am

Confirmed

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:07 am

I'm no longer the commish so I can't speak to the "conditional" aspect of this trade but it's not something this league has ever allowed. That being said, it's Brian Hoyer so it's not a huge issue.

Personally, I hate conditional trades and assuming this is allowed we should shut it down going forward. Again, just my personal opinion as another team owner.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:15 am

All opinions aside, how could we ever ban it?

It was just my courtesy to add it to the thread for future context, but if TDU won Hoyer, he would've simply sent him and a 3rd to me for a 3rd, so you could consider it a self-contained trade. Essentially it was and wasn't really part of this deal. We agreed on 2 separate trades.

And hey, Johnny did us a favour anyway. :clap: :biggrin:

(as for TRUE conditional trades, like "if X guy makes my roster, pick gets upgraded from 3rd to 2nd" ... well, they're so rare it's barely worth talking about, but IMO they're good for the league - I mean why not)

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:27 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:15 am All opinions aside, how could we ever ban it?

It was just my courtesy to add it to the thread for future context, but if TDU won Hoyer, he would've simply sent him and a 3rd to me for a 3rd, so you could consider it a self-contained trade. Essentially it was and wasn't really part of this deal. We agreed on 2 separate trades.

And hey, Johnny did us a favour anyway. :clap: :biggrin:

(as for TRUE conditional trades, like "if X guy makes my roster, pick gets upgraded from 3rd to 2nd" ... well, they're so rare it's barely worth talking about, but IMO they're good for the league - I mean why not)
I get what you're saying but I'd prefer a swap of 3rd round picks in exchange for Hoyer. It's just cleaner and neither team "owes" the other team anything.

I see two scenarios:

1. The commish has to keep track of these types of deals and it's an administrative nightmare.
2. The teams keep track of the trades and we end up with shady deals meant to "pay off" a trade instead of trading the actual player involved.

I'm not saying anyone currently in the league would do this but why even make it an option? I don't know. Maybe I'm in the minority but I think each trade should be self contained.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:51 am

I have an issue with your trade for Fleener. If you want to swap 3rds and throw him in the deal, that's fine. I have no issue with that. The idea of swapping "future 3rds" is tough to track and who's to say you ever do it? Dimeo has no incentive to make sure it happens because he's getting a player he wants without having to bid him up and you get rid of the player without taking a cap hit.

I also don't believe it's within the rules. Those picks must be within the next 3 years so I think it should be declared at the time of the trade since those picks are all available on MFL.
Trade Deadline and Trade Stipulations

During the regular season there shall be a trade deadline of week 8. Trades must be accepted and agreed upon (in person or via proxy) on DLF by the end of the final game of week 8 to be official. Trading in the off-season will begin in accordance with the league timeline. The following stipulations exist for trading:

1. The trading of cap dollars is prohibited, as is the trading of cap penalties.
2. A team is allowed to trade their pick(s) in the rookie draft for players, other draft picks, or a combination of the two. Owners may trade future picks within the period of the next three years.
3. An owner will have 24 hours to adjust their roster if after the trade it is illegal. After 24 hours the owner will begin to accrue roster penalties per the rules.
4. As a general rule of good faith, when proposed a trade, an owner should respond to the owner who initiated discussions within 48 hours.
5. Although DLF is the official message board announcing trades, if a trade is proposed on MFL and then accepted on MFL, the owner that proposed the trade MAY NOT change their mind. It is the responsibility of the owner proposing the trade to cancel the trade offer via MFL prior to it being accepted.
6. An owner may trade, trade for, and start a player as long as the player’s team in question has NOT started their weekly schedule. Once the players NFL team has started their game for the week that player is ineligible to be traded.
In the end the commish has to make the final decision so this will have to wait for him.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:55 am

Huh? We are trading picks within the next 3 years. When I said future that's what I meant. I didn't specify the year but I didn't mean 2025 or something outside the lines. This is just a straight-forward, within-the-rules, doable-on-MFL trade.

EDIT: I'm guessing you took the part where I said "nothing" very literally. My bad. I didn't mean ACTUAL nothing. We're trading something because we have to.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:07 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:55 am Huh? We are trading picks within the next 3 years. When I said future that's what I meant. I didn't specify the year but I didn't mean 2025 or something outside the lines. This is just a straight-forward, within-the-rules, doable-on-MFL trade.

EDIT: I'm guessing you took the part where I said "nothing" very literally. My bad. I didn't mean ACTUAL nothing. We're trading something because we have to.
I get what you are doing. I have an issue with a trade of "future 3rds" where it's not defined because it can't be tracked on MFL and having two teams "owing" each other something that isn't tracked on MFL just screams "potential for problem." If it's within the next few years and can be completed on MFL then it's all good.

I guess I just have a bigger issue with conditional trades than I guess I realized.

aeroman75
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby aeroman75 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:26 am

Even though I am part of this trade involving fleener I still feel it's more than in the rules. Teams have done it for years here. Call it a sign and trade or whatever. He needed to adjust his cap space and made a deal to move said aquired player. There is nothing shady about the deal.

It's no different then having to move a roster player because you don't have the cap space

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:37 am

aeroman75 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:26 am Even though I am part of this trade involving fleener I still feel it's more than in the rules. Teams have done it for years here. Call it a sign and trade or whatever. He needed to adjust his cap space and made a deal to move said aquired player. There is nothing shady about the deal.

It's no different then having to move a roster player because you don't have the cap space
Actually, teams haven't done it in this league at all. Conditional trades have never been a part of Tecmo.

There is nothing shady about the deal the way you guys did it.

I just have an issue with a team "owing" another team something. In the NFL conditional trades are made but they are tracked by the league and there are clear parameters set at the completion of the trade. That's a lot to ask for a commish and if he isn't tracking it then it's up to the owners to track. I trust everyone in this league but why even make it an option?

Again, maybe it's just me. It wouldn't be the first time.

Dionosys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dionosys » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:10 pm

I have to agree that i am not a fan of a conditional trade in this league. It's not an issue of trust, but where to does the record exist? This sort of deal requires an * next to it along with a permanent thread until it was completed.