LeDraft

The league forum for the Tecmo Bowl Fantasy League

Moderators: TrueDawg, monkeybones, Dionosys

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Re: LeDraft

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Oof. Fuel to the fire for moving the draft later. This kind of stuff is pretty brutal honestly.

As for my draft, pretty darn happy with the players I got, talent-wise they're all off the charts types with huge upside, but I'm also a little sad I couldn't get Mahomes and/or a RB (probably Mack, just didn't wanna pay the price to move to that spot).

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:20 pm Oof. Fuel to the fire for moving the draft later. This kind of stuff is pretty brutal honestly.

As for my draft, pretty darn happy with the players I got, talent-wise they're all off the charts types with huge upside, but I'm also a little sad I couldn't get Mahomes and/or a RB (probably Mack, just didn't wanna pay the price to move to that spot).
I didn't really NEED another back (although you can never have too many and I might not be able to bring Shady back next year), but I was hoping Juju would fall to me at 2.06 (I got him at #20 in KFFL). When he didn't, I decided to move up a couple spots to secure Mack, cuz he felt like BPA there and I didn't want to risk him going in front of me.

Still at least one guy on the board I'm targeting...so I'm looking for another second round pick (or two).

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:20 pm Oof. Fuel to the fire for moving the draft later. This kind of stuff is pretty brutal honestly.
His back issues weren't a secret.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Ultimately cost me Thomas and two 3rds, but happy to come away with JuJu and Kizer.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Looking increasingly likely that Mike Williams may end up pulling a Kevin White...

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Xulu Bak wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:57 pm Ultimately cost me Thomas and two 3rds, but happy to come away with JuJu and Kizer.
Shocked I got them both in KFFL....was hoping everyone would make that mistake here and I was only a couple picks away from Juju when you traded up. I wasn't planning on taking another RB but had to adjust after you took Juju. Maybe I should have taken Watson there instead. But I'm not a big Watson fan and was gunning for Kizer later (who I think has as much upside at a cheaper price). Plus I like Mack's potential in that Colts offense...he has some ability to create behind a crappy OL, which is a perfect fit for Indy. Not an ideal draft for me so far, but I'm not done yet.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:15 am

I considered Mack as well, but couldn't pass on JuJu. I'd rank him top 10 in this class for PPR.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:16 am

It occurred to me...

Since we're declaring contract years as players are won...should we also be declaring DS as players are drafted? At the conclusion of the draft? Or are we still waiting until right before the season to do that?

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:19 am

Xulu Bak wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:16 am It occurred to me...

Since we're declaring contract years as players are won...should we also be declaring DS as players are drafted? At the conclusion of the draft? Or are we still waiting until right before the season to do that?
Drafted players get automatic contracts...I thought we were still giving people til "cutdown day" to declare DS though....

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:22 am

Xulu Bak wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:15 am I considered Mack as well, but couldn't pass on JuJu. I'd rank him top 10 in this class for PPR.
I guess people don't like Juju's landing spot behind Brown and Bryant...that's the only reason I can figure that he's not going in the first round. I was ecstatic to get him at #20 in KFFL...PPR or not. No nickel or LB is gonna cover him (a few safeties probably can) out of the slot. And when Bryant gets suspended again, Juju will be gold.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 am

Martavis Bryant doing something stupid is probably one of the safest bets in the NFL. That aside, I like JuJu quite a bit for PPR regardless. I'd be more concerned with Big Ben getting hurt or retiring soon than anything, but Jarvis Landry proves a good slot WR doesn't need a competent QB to put up good numbers in PPR.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:43 am

Xulu Bak wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 am Martavis Bryant doing something stupid is probably one of the safest bets in the NFL. That aside, I like JuJu quite a bit for PPR regardless. I'd be more concerned with Big Ben getting hurt or retiring soon than anything, but Jarvis Landry proves a good slot WR doesn't need a competent QB to put up good numbers in PPR.
Yeah man...there have been others before Landry, like Welker. A good WR is a good WR, regardless of where he lines up. I tried like hell a few years ago to get Landry too.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 pm

You Browns fans are way too high on Kizer, dude is gonna struggle in the pros IMO

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Dre wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 pm You Browns fans are way too high on Kizer, dude is gonna struggle in the pros IMO
I dont know if taking him in the back half of the 2nd is "too high" on him. 2015 Kizer would have been the best QB in this draft and while he struggled in 2016, I think he has as high a ceiling as anyone. Maybe he never reaches that...but for the price I'll take that chance. It's as much a bet on Hue Jackson as it is on Kizer himself.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Trubisky might be a bust or he may just end up being average...but can't complain about getting the #2 overall pick at the end of the 2nd.