Re: Franchise Tag: Andrew Luck, QB, IND

Postby monkeybones » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 am

48 hours from this post to give years

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 am

monkeybones wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 am 48 hours from this post to give years
This sucks but we have to enforce the rules consistently.

1 year for Luck

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:43 am

monkeybones wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 am
monkeybones wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 am 48 hours from this post to give years
This sucks but we have to enforce the rules consistently.

1 year for Luck
Updated on MFL

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:35 pm

bleep sorry man, can I please ask for some leniency and allocate 4 years?

Got a lot going on at the moment

Dionosys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dionosys » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:45 pm

I agree that this sucks. I don't mean to sound like a stickler but we need to enforce these rules. My concern is if we overlook it for one then we have 13 owners that will want that same treatment. I also understand that sometimes life happens. Trust me, this last week has been terrible for where I live. Will probably be close to $100 million in damages due to flooding from excessive rain.

I will put it to a vote though for the league. Needs 8 owners to vote in favor of allowing your years to go.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Dionosys wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:45 pm I agree that this sucks. I don't mean to sound like a stickler but we need to enforce these rules. My concern is if we overlook it for one then we have 13 owners that will want that same treatment. I also understand that sometimes life happens. Trust me, this last week has been terrible for where I live. Will probably be close to $100 million in damages due to flooding from excessive rain.

I will put it to a vote though for the league. Needs 8 owners to vote in favor of allowing your years to go.
I understand, I guess a public vote is the best I can ask for

Thanks

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:26 am

Dre wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:35 pm bleep sorry man, can I please ask for some leniency and allocate 4 years?

Got a lot going on at the moment
I'm going to update this with 4 years.

Updated on MFL

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:04 am

Can I just say this $hit is why rules voting should be completed BEFORE we open the league year... it's ridiculous to be changing the rules while transactions are going on.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:12 am

TrueDawg wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:04 am Can I just say this $hit is why rules voting should be completed BEFORE we open the league year... it's ridiculous to be changing the rules while transactions are going on.
How is this any different than allowing Stu and gdude to Franchise/Renegotiate players after the deadline in KFFL? Both were accommodations for long time owners who missed a deadline. Personally, I think it's easier to be strict with the rules but these leagues are just for fun and both of the commissioners are doing their best to make sure people stay engaged.

That being said, I agree with you. All rule changes should be completed before we start posting transactions.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:52 pm

monkeybones wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:12 am How is this any different than allowing Stu and gdude to Franchise/Renegotiate players after the deadline in KFFL? Both were accommodations for long time owners who missed a deadline. Personally, I think it's easier to be strict with the rules but these leagues are just for fun and both of the commissioners are doing their best to make sure people stay engaged.

That being said, I agree with you. All rule changes should be completed before we start posting transactions.
The difference is that this issue is a direct result of changing the rules WHILE transactions are going on. If we had finished the rule changes prior to opening the league year, it would have been a level playing field...we wouldn't have some transactions closing before the rule change and some after... and there wouldn't have been any confusion.

What happened in KFFL was not related to any rule changes (they were completed before I opened the league year)...it was just me bending the rules instead of being a harda$$.

And I'm not saying we shouldn't have been lenient about this (I did vote 'Yes' after all)...I'm simply saying the whole thing could have been avoided.