2017 Rule Change Discussion - Pre-Vote

The league forum for the Tecmo Bowl Fantasy League

Moderators: TrueDawg, monkeybones, Dionosys

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2017 Rule Change Discussion - Pre-Vote

Postby Xulu Bak » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:55 am

I wouldn't be opposed, just not sure that it's really necessary.

OnABloodbuzz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby OnABloodbuzz » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Follow the same rules as in-season. Can't touch a guy you've cut unless x amount of time has passed without someone else nominating him.

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Dionosys wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:09 pm 1. I agree we need stiffer penalties regarding roster churning however I'm against bid limits on amount of players or value of salary cap. That is something that each individual team needs to monitor and be comfortable with for themselves.

I also feel that 100% cap penalty is too much though and I would say double that of the normal cap penalty to 40% is much more fair.

2. I personally feel that the DS set up is working well as it is.

3. Contract years I'm fine with a set date or 24 hours after the bid has been won. That alone may reduce/eliminate issues from roster churning.

4 I've been on the wrong side of this and have had a player who had a good game get put to the bench but my feelings are that if they were in your lineup when the game was played then you take the points that player received, good or bad.
I completely agree with this reasoning.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 am

OnABloodbuzz wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:17 pm Follow the same rules as in-season. Can't touch a guy you've cut unless x amount of time has passed without someone else nominating him.
There is a rule for in season cuts:
All players released during the season must first clear waivers before becoming free agents. The waiver process is similar to the free agency bidding process except it ends 48 hours after the player is released. Any owner interested in a released player can start a bidding thread on the league message board. Once bidding begins this player is treated just like an UFA in the off-season with bidding ending after 48 hours passes after the last bid. The owner releasing a player, however, is unable to bid on that player during the waiver process. If no bids are placed on a player that player is again designated a free agent, and the original owner can again acquire the player as a free agent.

OnABloodbuzz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby OnABloodbuzz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:34 pm

monkeybones wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 amThere is a rule for in season cuts:
Yeah, I'm saying to follow that same or similar process during the off season. If a bidding process is started within 48 hours, the releasing owner can't bid.

It eliminates the attempted manipulation in the scenario you laid out and it's a process everyone is familiar with.

If a player is worth anything someone will put a bid in and rule the releasing owner out of the running. Someone might get a bargain but it won't be the original owner.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:29 am

OnABloodbuzz wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:34 pm
monkeybones wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 amThere is a rule for in season cuts:
Yeah, I'm saying to follow that same or similar process during the off season. If a bidding process is started within 48 hours, the releasing owner can't bid.

It eliminates the attempted manipulation in the scenario you laid out and it's a process everyone is familiar with.

If a player is worth anything someone will put a bid in and rule the releasing owner out of the running. Someone might get a bargain but it won't be the original owner.
That's already in the rules. The owner releasing a player is unable to bid on that player during the waiver process.

OnABloodbuzz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby OnABloodbuzz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:28 pm

So is the regular season rule the same in the off season?

VanElls
Role Player
Role Player

Postby VanElls » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:39 am

I'm the new guy so I'll only vote on the one thing I am sure of.
If an owner does not start a Thursday night player before kickoff on Thursday then that player should be blocked.