2017 Rule Change Suggestions

The league forum for the Tecmo Bowl Fantasy League

Moderators: TrueDawg, monkeybones, Dionosys

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2017 Rule Change Suggestions

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:09 pm

^ Seems like a very obvious compromise; give years when you sign if you want, if not you do it by X deadline. Easy win-win and no big deal. No need to create unnecessary rules to force people to follow. This should work for all.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:^ Seems like a very obvious compromise; give years when you sign if you want, if not you do it by X deadline. Easy win-win and no big deal. No need to create unnecessary rules to force people to follow. This should work for all.
I'm not a fan of having the option to declare the contract immediately or wait til the week before the season. It should be one or the other so we are all bound by the same rules.

But NFL teams don't sign players in June but wait til September to declare the length of the contract. I don't think we should either...the exception being the DS.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:44 am

We need to fix the roster issue we have with Thursday night games. This week Midwest waited until to today to set his roster. On Thursday he had Matt Asiata and Jesse James still in from last Sunday. If either of those players blows up he can just not set his roster this week and get the points. Since neither did much he was able to set his roster and remove those players. I think any player in your active roster when the Thursday game is pkayed, even if it's because you didn't set your roster that week, should stay in your roster.

I'm not saying this is what Midwest did but he could have done it and been well within the rules. We need to fix this next year.

Dionosys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dionosys » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:03 am

monkeybones wrote:We need to fix the roster issue we have with Thursday night games. This week Midwest waited until to today to set his roster. On Thursday he had Matt Asiata and Jesse James still in from last Sunday. If either of those players blows up he can just not set his roster this week and get the points. Since neither did much he was able to set his roster and remove those players. I think any player in your active roster when the Thursday game is pkayed, even if it's because you didn't set your roster that week, should stay in your roster.

I'm not saying this is what Midwest did but he could have done it and been well within the rules. We need to fix this next year.
I think a change would help prevent this and also be beneficial to teams who haven't set a lineup and choose not to so they don't risk having them ineligible because they've already played. No owner wants to be limited in what they're able to do but it's best to eliminate the benefits and penalties that come with not setting a lineup.

Dionosys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dionosys » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:53 pm

I think the Tier A of the playoffs should have a set seeding of 1-6 and not reseed following completion of round 1. I think round 2 should be set up at #1 vs. winner of 4/5 and #2 vs. winner of 3/6