The Rookie Draft is nearly here

The league forum for the Tecmo Bowl Fantasy League

Moderators: TrueDawg, monkeybones, Dionosys

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: The Rookie Draft is nearly here

Postby TrueDawg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Xulu Bak wrote:Almost took Dorsett at 1.11, so happy to get him at 2.04, even if it cost three 2nds.

Not the players I would have targeted in May, but White, Coleman, and Dorsett have a lot of upside...and speed. Coleman is the "slowest" of my three picks...
I was bidding against you for that pick and he's who I would have taken.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:04 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
Xulu Bak wrote:Almost took Dorsett at 1.11, so happy to get him at 2.04, even if it cost three 2nds.

Not the players I would have targeted in May, but White, Coleman, and Dorsett have a lot of upside...and speed. Coleman is the "slowest" of my three picks...
I was bidding against you for that pick and he's who I would have taken.
I suspected as much, on both points. I had him as the clear BPA for a few picks now. I was really surprised Smith went before him.

Dionosys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dionosys » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:06 pm

The draft is getting fun now. I'm still listening to offers for 2.05 Still some good players left but I like to check out what else might be out there for me.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:08 pm

I don't really get the love for Dorsett in a PPR format and with Hilton re-signed long term.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:20 pm

Dre wrote:I don't really get the love for Dorsett in a PPR format and with Hilton re-signed long term.
Eh...Andrew Luck, no defense, crappy run game

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:23 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
Dre wrote:I don't really get the love for Dorsett in a PPR format and with Hilton re-signed long term.
Yeah I know but there's just so many mouths to feed there

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Dre wrote:
TrueDawg wrote:
Yeah I know but there's just so many mouths to feed there
First, Luck. Second, he's an extremely explosive athlete; possibly top five in speed and quickness. People think about him as a deep threat because of his YPC, and while he is that, a lot of his big plays were a result of YAC. He wasn't drafted to replace Hilton, he was drafted to go along with him. AJ is 34, Gore is 32, and Allen and Fleener are FAs in '16. Dorsett is a bit raw, so I wouldn't be expecting much from him this year regardless, but he's got a lot of upside and going into a great long-term situation for a second-round pick.

johnyutah44
Role Player
Role Player

Postby johnyutah44 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:03 am

Disregard
Last edited by johnyutah44 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:09 am

johnyutah44 wrote:If anyone doesn't like whats left and wants to get out of the second round, offering a 2015 third and 2016 second to move up. I know its not much.
Your sales pitch needs work!

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:12 am

I like Strong, I didn't like him going to Houston (and only partly because the Browns passed on him).

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:28 am

Xulu Bak wrote: First, Luck. Second, he's an extremely explosive athlete; possibly top five in speed and quickness. People think about him as a deep threat because of his YPC, and while he is that, a lot of his big plays were a result of YAC. He wasn't drafted to replace Hilton, he was drafted to go along with him. AJ is 34, Gore is 32, and Allen and Fleener are FAs in '16. Dorsett is a bit raw, so I wouldn't be expecting much from him this year regardless, but he's got a lot of upside and going into a great long-term situation for a second-round pick.
I agree with this. It's about talent and Dorsett has tons of it. He isn't a guy that's going to come in and start right away but could emerge as Reggie Wayne to Hilton's Marvin Harrison.

I tried moving up for him as well but didn't have the ammo. Great pick.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:37 am

Xulu Bak wrote:I like Strong, I didn't like him going to Houston (and only partly because the Browns passed on him).
Yeah I hate their QB situation but they have to improve it in the next couple years don't they? Hopkins has done alright with their crap QBs though.

He has a lot of what you look for in a WR...expecially ball skills, and he's good after the catch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Last edited by TrueDawg on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:47 am

And I love Ajayi's talent...I think he's the 3rd best back in this draft. He can do it all. And I think the knee thing is overblown...but even if it's not, RBs don't have a long shelf life anyway. The biggest question is what happens with Miller, who is in the last year of his contract.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:18 am

Guh...Kevin White expected to miss at least 6 weeks after undergoing surgery...possibly the whole year.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:35 pm

johnyutah44 wrote:Disregard
Did your guy get picked?