Is Daryl Washington the longest suspended player in the hist

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Is Daryl Washington the longest suspended player in the hist

Postby Typhus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:35 am

Is there anyone out there thats still holding this guy like I am in two leagues?
I feel like Im just wasting valuable bench to possibly develop future starters, but I just keep hearing tid bits of info every great once in awhile that Washington owners should continue to hold for whatever reason, and I keep buying into it, because I know that as soon as I cut bait, the natzi Goodel will reinstate Washington the very next day.
My question is to anyone that has any current or even relevant info on Washington, is there ever going to be an end to his suspension? its been so long I have totally forgot what he was even suspended for or for how long..... I just honestly dont think I have ever invested this much patience on any Dynasty player and that includes Gordon by like x10.
:wall:

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Is Daryl Washington the longest suspended player in the

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:59 am

Washington has a ton of talent. I thought he was clearly the best FF of his draft coming out. I think I had him on every team after the rookie drafts.

Now, just let him go from my salary cap league. Had him signed on cheap contract that expired and had option to resign him still at value for produciton, but no worth wondering at a position that is really deep in FF.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:20 am

I grabbed him off waivers at the end of last season, will hold until the cut-down date but I haven't heard anything about how long he will/might be suspended...

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:18 pm

He pleaded guilty so 6 games will be min. depending on roster size and LB starting requirements he may be worth holding, he may not be.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:38 am

So there is some actual news finally. Ive still been holding him, but had him on my list of cuts, once we draft in a few weeks, but here we go again with the decision process again regarding Washington. Hell, he's been wasting a space on my roster for so long Ive grown accustom to playing with one less player, lol.
At least there may finally be some closure, and maybe he only gets a 6 game suspension, although that decision will come after I have to make my cuts so... :wall:

(Rotoworld)Suspended Cardinals ILB Daryl Washington intends to apply for reinstatement "within the next week or so."

Analysis: Washington recently stated he has not failed or missed a test for banned substances during his suspension, and also completed an anger-management class. Washington still hasn't been disciplined for a past domestic violence arrest; his current indefinite ban is for offenses related to illegal substances. We suspect Washington will begin 2015 on the reserve/suspended list.

boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby boobam13 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:51 am

I think you have been holding this long you have to ride it out now. Even a 6 game suspension would give you solid numbers down the stretch...

I've been holding and hoping as well...fingers crossed for only a 6 gamer
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

16 Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3 FLEX RB/WR/TE- 1DEF Orphan Team
20 Man Rosters - Active (18) Practice Squad (2) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-

utahec
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby utahec » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:38 am

I agree with boombam suggested I think you should hold until we get some solid data on the end of his suspension assuming it is before the start of the season. I have concerns with him. He will be 29 in October, in 2012 and 2013 his tackling efficiency was outside the top24 ILBs, his run stop % in those years was also middling at best. Thus even if he is reinstated, his starting job is not guaranteed.

In your shoes, I'd try to cash out on the reinstatement hype that hopefully will happen.

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:07 am

dlf_ericc wrote:I agree with boombam suggested I think you should hold until we get some solid data on the end of his suspension assuming it is before the start of the season. I have concerns with him. He will be 29 in October, in 2012 and 2013 his tackling efficiency was outside the top24 ILBs, his run stop % in those years was also middling at best. Thus even if he is reinstated, his starting job is not guaranteed.

In your shoes, I'd try to cash out on the reinstatement hype that hopefully will happen.
You just told me in one post to hold him and cash out and trade him,, Im already bipolar on Washington, so thanks for supporting my craziness.

utahec
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby utahec » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Haha. I guess I'm suggesting on holding until we get some hype about him coming back.

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:24 pm

dlf_ericc wrote:Haha. I guess I'm suggesting on holding until we get some hype about him coming back.
ya man,, thats what Im going to keep doing.. :biggrin:

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:54 am

(Rotoworld)The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers expects Cardinals ILB Daryl Washington to receive a 4-6 game suspension.

Analysis: That would be on top of the yearlong ban Washington is coming off of this season, as he's expected to apply for reinstatement any day here. The Cardinals figure to roll with Sean Weatherspoon and Kevin Minter at inside linebacker while Washington is out. Washington will turn 29 in October.

So if this were to play out, Washington would be a prime example of why Dynasty leagues require patience to pay off, but we shall see.

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:32 am

As a fan of good football, I can't wait until he comes back. Watching him play ilb is a beautiful thing. He was on pace to be one of the top three all around backers in the league. Hope he can stay out of trouble and get back to that level.

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Tue May 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Anyone heard anything about his suspension? I've heard 6 games. Wish they'd go ahead and announce it.
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby boobam13 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:37 am

Team Tacos wrote:Anyone heard anything about his suspension? I've heard 6 games. Wish they'd go ahead and announce it.
I'd Be very happy with 6 games, rested and hungry for a playoff run
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

16 Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3 FLEX RB/WR/TE- 1DEF Orphan Team
20 Man Rosters - Active (18) Practice Squad (2) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Wed May 06, 2015 6:41 am

Given Hardy got 10 without an actual conviction and this was Hardy's first incident, I'd be shocked if Wash only got 6. Wash pleaded guilty to domestic assault and has multiple failed drug tests. But Goodell does whatever he wants so nobody really knows what it will be
Twitter: @BreezeIDP