DJ Smith or KJ Wright?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Pix
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

DJ Smith or KJ Wright?

Postby Pix » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:59 am

Who do you think is the better long term prospect? Does DJ Smith have a job when Bishop comes back?

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: DJ Smith or KJ Wright?

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:04 pm

I like KJ Wright

Abspara
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Abspara » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Long term prospects? That's a difficult one to answer.

Based off current opportunity it would be KJ Wright as he's a starting LB whereas DJ Smith is just filling in for the injured Desmond Bishop. However there's been some rumors that DJ may be taking over for AJ Hawk next year and would line up next to Desmond Bishop for 3 down work.

So based off of information we have TODAY, it would be KJ Wright, however i'd personally not pick up KJ Wright as his place at OLB typically won't score as much as a MLB would.

If you like KJ, he's the better choice for an uncertain future.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 pm

I didn't think DJ Smith looked impressive at all when I watched them play the Bears. Other then a sack, he was pretty much non-existent in that game and that's not good for a MLB. AJ Hawk has always been thrashed by GB media, but he's been around the ball more this year with 19 tackles + assists and Hawk is on the strong side, which typically takes the blocker to set up the WILB to make tackles in many cases. So it's harder for Hawk to perform at a higher level then the WILB, but AJ Smith only has 16 tackles + assists. I know it's only two games of data, but I'm just saying the DJ Smith isn't living up to the hype and the pub at this point to me. Maybe that changes with more games.

Pix
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Pix » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:25 am

And that's why I love DLF. That and this guy:

:tease:

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:41 am

I suppose it depends on what you're looking for DJ Smith to be. I drafted him as my LB3/D flex and have been very happy with him. He's the 24th ranked LB in my league scoring (tackle heavy).

I think a definite argument could be made for KJ Wright as a better playmaker/football player but due to opportunity alone I'm taking DJ Smith in my league all day.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

ChadtheDragonLord
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ChadtheDragonLord » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm

DJ Smith over KJ Wright easily if you score tackles. An ILB gets way more than an SLB.
QB - Matthew Stafford $26, Tua Tagovailoa $22, Jared Goff $78
RB - Christian McCaffrey $751, Aaron Jones $23, James Robinson $20, Marlon Mack $100, Josh Jacobs $425
WR - Michael Thomas $240, Kenny Golladay $23, Diontae Johnson $110, Tee Higgins $115, Michael Pittman Jr. $205, Gabriel Davis $20, Darnell Mooney $20, Preston Williams $21, Bryan Edwards $20, Michael Gallup $54
TE - Travis Kelce $26
K - Daniel Carlson $20
Special Teams - Detroit Lions $20
DL - Jonathan Allen $22, Romeo Okwara $20, Aldon Smith $20, Grady Jarrett $21, Everson Griffin $20, Olivier Vernon $20, Trey Flowers $61
LB - Devon White $325, Tremaine Edmunds $289, Eric Kendricks $150, C.J. Mosley $185, Dre Greenlaw $21, Foye Oluokon $20, B.J. Goodson $20, Ja'Whuan Bentley $20, Cory Littleton $22
DB - Jeremy Chinn $160, Vonn Bell $26, Jordan Fuller $20, Tracy Walker $21, Khari Willis $21, Kareem Jackson $20, Grant Delpit $40

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 pm

ChadtheDragonLord wrote:DJ Smith over KJ Wright easily if you score tackles. An ILB gets way more than an SLB.
That's not necessarily true in this instance. KJ Wright isn't your typical SLB that is only in the game to stop the run in the base defensive package, but sucks in pass coverage. KJ Wright is good enough to play MLB. Unlike most SLB, KJ Wright plays in the nickle package, so he's on the field a ton with teams playing nickle in close to 50% of the time.

The Monday night game is into the 4th quarter right now. DJ Smith is invisible for the second game in a row and has been outplayed by AJ Hawk. DJ Smith and his current 1 tackle and 2 assists has also been outplayed by KJ Wirght (who has been all over the place) and Wirght's 8 tackles and 2 assists. I've watched the last two games DJ Smith has played in their entirety and the Packers need to replace him, because he's not producing and isn't playing well at all. KJ Wright could easily play ILB better then DJ Smith.