Beason

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Kaz
Captain
Captain

Beason

Postby Kaz » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:29 am

Anyone heard how his achilles tear is coming? Also, anyone have any idea around what I might be able to get for him? I've got Bishop, Angerer, and Greenway, so Beason is just wasting bench space for me honestly.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Beason

Postby meineymoe » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Kaz wrote:Anyone heard how his achilles tear is coming? Also, anyone have any idea around what I might be able to get for him? I've got Bishop, Angerer, and Greenway, so Beason is just wasting bench space for me honestly.
As often as LBs and IDPs in general come along, it's kinda difficult to trade one when he has good value, much less when the player's been battling injury and seems to be on the decline...

You might be able to make some lateral move to another IDP if you have need at another position, or even for one of these rookie LBs who are starting to break out, but I wouldn't bank on it.

-oo-

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Would you have any suggestions of a young LB to target? Daryl Washington is pretty much out of reach at this point. I'd probably rather just keep Beason and see if he returns at a productive level.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Kaz wrote:Would you have any suggestions of a young LB to target? Daryl Washington is pretty much out of reach at this point. I'd probably rather just keep Beason and see if he returns at a productive level.
I was thinking a Kelvin Sheppard or Colin McCarthy, but if not, stick with Beason and see what happens next season

outtacompton420
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby outtacompton420 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:20 am

meineymoe wrote:
Kaz wrote:Would you have any suggestions of a young LB to target? Daryl Washington is pretty much out of reach at this point. I'd probably rather just keep Beason and see if he returns at a productive level.
I was thinking a Kelvin Sheppard or Colin McCarthy, but if not, stick with Beason and see what happens next season
Speaking as a McCarthy owner, I wouldn't accept a Beason for McCarthy trade. Aim lower. I might deal Beason for a guy like Daryl Smith. But, considering the potential upside Beason has to offer, I'd probably just keep him.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Beason would be tough to move for anything that would be worth your time right now. Beason is a hold to me, because his potential is better then anything you can get right now. If you are definitly set on moving him, I think it would be easier to trade a possible stud that is now basically labeled an injury risk (Beason) for a draft pick. However, you are still likely going to take a loss in the draft pick value you can get in return, but I just think it will be an easier sell for a draft pick and that makes it possible for you to get an upside guy to replace him (if you pick well of course). Draft picks have their own risk with them and an owner might be more willing to gamble on Beason staying healthy and productive over taking a totally unproven rookie. I doubt you would find anyone who would even consider giving a first rounder for him.