Value of 1.02 in IDP startup

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Value of 1.02 in IDP startup

Postby blacksheep » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:09 am

This is my first try into the IDP arena and ended up with the second overall pick. I put it on the block and interested in what kind of offers should I consider. 16-team PPR IDP, standard starting requirements for this type of league. Thanks.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Value of 1.02 in IDP startup

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:18 pm

For the most part, the first round is basically an offensive round and mimic's the typical non-IDP leagues. The value of the pick is the same in players, although obviously IDP's are added to the possible parts in the trade. If you are attempting to trade the 1.02 for picks, then you might actually expect to get less in return for picks then you expect, because the later picks have a lot more value. If you are comparing IDP and non-IDP draft picks, the IDP draft picks are worth more then non-IDP so you get less. There are exceptions when there is a stud IDP who gets a ton of hype on a down offensive year, but it wouldn't be a rule without an exception. The other rounds are actually worth more in IDP, because the player value lasts a lot longer due to the larger player pool. Since you are a 16 team league, then you would be looking at late first having more value then a typical non-IDP draft. The real value bumps in picks for IDP is in the second and on. A normal 12 team non-IDP league value's a third round as almost valueless or a throwaway pick in trade, but in IDP... that pick has value and can yeild a starter. I find value in a typical year in a non-IDP draft through 15-18 picks until you are hoping to just find something. In an IDP draft, you can find value well into 50 or more picks in a draft, until there aren't guys you would target. So... if you are getting players... that value is about the same. If you are getting picks... you might expect to get a little less then an a non-IDP league because the later picks are worth more.

If you get an offer, post it up for comments. I caution selling picks right now. The best time to sell is around your FF draft to get the best offer and find someone who just has to have your high pick, so they over pay.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Value of 1.02 in IDP startup

Postby blacksheep » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Wow. Great info! Thanks alot! :thumbup: