Opinions on my Linebackers

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Opinions on my Linebackers

Postby voiceofunreason » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Still fairly new to IDP, following is a list of my LBs on a team I took over early this year. Heavy tackle league as shown below

Tackle, Fumble, Int - 2
Asisst, Pass Def - 1
Sack - 3

Active Squad - Salary league, I can keep all of them if I choose and low salaries.

Barwin - just added as a flier
Curry
Dunbar - not real sure about him, doesn't sound like he has that much long-term value
Kerrigan - not great in a tackle heavy league but has been decent
Spikes - pretty old, probably will trade of just drop him
Jacquian Williams (sp) - despite being a late pick, I'm hearing good things about him and plan to keep him for a while (have to decide how long to sign him for in the offseason)

Taxi Squad

Acho - don't know much, young player with some promise?
Akeem Ayers - ditto
Bruce Carter - A very promising talent who could be the best player on the team. Sean Lee hurts his value a bit?

Any suggestions for guys who would be good to pick up cheap for the future would be appreciated. It's been a tough year at linebacker, the cupboard was pretty bare. Didn't want to trade for defensive players as the offense needed attention. My main goal is to build defense through the draft and supplement with waivers.

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Opinions on my Linebackers

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:47 pm

to be honest im not a fan of any of ur currant lbers, i would be trading for some more proven tacklers, i do like bruce carter next yr, acho and barwin are outside rushers, as is kerrigan, but i would say that u dont have a #1 or for that matter a #2 lber on ur team right now, i would see if u can get irving for the broncos pretty cheap as i see him starting in the middle next yr, but look for 4-3 mlbers, they are more likely to get tackles, but i would see if the giants, eagles draft a mlb this upcoming yr, or if they add a fa and target those guys

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:06 pm

??Droppedballs?? wrote:to be honest im not a fan of any of ur currant lbers, i would be trading for some more proven tacklers, i do like bruce carter next yr, acho and barwin are outside rushers, as is kerrigan, but i would say that u dont have a #1 or for that matter a #2 lber on ur team right now, i would see if u can get irving for the broncos pretty cheap as i see him starting in the middle next yr, but look for 4-3 mlbers, they are more likely to get tackles, but i would see if the giants, eagles draft a mlb this upcoming yr, or if they add a fa and target those guys
Wouldn't argue with any of that. Tried to get somebody off waivers but didn't work out that well. Looks like Lofton, Briggs and Barnett will be free agents at the end of the year. I'll probably take a run at 1 or 2 of them as well.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Your LB's are very weak. You don't have a LB1 or LB2. You have a couple developmental guys, but way too many 3-4 OLB's for a league that really reward big plays because of tackle heavy scoring.

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Go for Lofton and I would be pretty aggressive to get him

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:38 am

MR ROURKE wrote:Your LB's are very weak. You don't have a LB1 or LB2. You have a couple developmental guys, but way too many 3-4 OLB's for a league that really reward big plays because of tackle heavy scoring.
agreed.....your lb corp needs some serious work
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:57 pm

??Droppedballs?? wrote:Go for Lofton and I would be pretty aggressive to get him
Lofton would be amazing in that scoring system. I imagine with the players that you have that the other rookies, like Sheppard of Buffalo, aren't available either.

It is amazing how your team comes together when you have those reliable anchors on your defense - I totally agree that you should go look at a team stacked at LB and find a way that you can help them, and actively trade for one.

-oo-

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Jimi Hendrix wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote:Your LB's are very weak. You don't have a LB1 or LB2. You have a couple developmental guys, but way too many 3-4 OLB's for a league that really reward big plays because of tackle heavy scoring.
agreed.....your lb corp needs some serious work
Yes, the whole team was awful so I started trying to fix the offense first. I'll have a chance to win next year. I'll have to see what happens in the draft and free agency.

Frankly, the waivers were really tough. It was easier to find a wr. There just wasn't anyone of any use. Spikes was really about all there was. I have cleared quite a bit of salary cap room so I'll definitely be looking to pick up at least a LB1, even if I have to overpay.