prince

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
acerocknut
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

prince

Postby acerocknut » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:57 pm

thoughts on prince amukamara.? worth a roster spot?
qb Josh Allen
rb Mixon, Chubb, Cmac, Darrynton Evans
wr Mike Evans, Davante Adams, Michael Thomas, Sutton, Claypool, Gabe Davis, Van Jefferson, Collin Johnson, Preston Williams. Mike Williams
te Kelce, Engram
lb Bobby Wagner, Dion Jones
de Quinnen Williams
db Budda Baker

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: prince

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 am

I tend to avoid CB's is possible in my leagues that don't require CB as a starting position. The majority of the time, FF CB's get less productive as the years pass and safety's get more productive. Safety's learn to do their job better and perform better. CB's learn their job better and then teams pick on another guy. If the CB doesn't learn his job as time passes, then the team replaces him. CB's are typically more streaky then safety's. Not a rock solid rule, but a pretty good gauge. There was talk of Prince possibly playing safety in the NFL, but I don't really see that happening with the GIants in the near future so you shouldnt be worried about getting him before that happens. He might give you some short term value at the DB position, since he's a rookie and would get targeted by opposing teams for that reason. With the amount of passing that is happening in the league this year, the CB position does get a temporary slight bump in value. The CB position has well over performed this year in addition to the DL position with their sack production. Only time will tell if this is going to turn into the norm. As far as a roster spot, depends on who you are dropping. If you have an open space and nothing out there is better, then why not. No one in your sig team is worth dropping for him.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:59 pm

I agree that if it's a generic defensive back position, I target safeties first, second, and often track them for mid-season pickups.

though I do have a weakness for Charles Woodson.... but with CBs, you usually have to weather the near-goose egg weeks to get the reward of the monster week.
-oo-

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Is there the possibility he returns punts/kicks? Only applicable if you get points for that.

Peterson has been good to me in my league because of this.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:21 pm

I haven't heard a word on his return since week 6-7 updates...thought he would be back by now!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

outtacompton420
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby outtacompton420 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Giants want to take it slowly with him... remember, he injured his foot after just his second practice with the team back in August. They're trying to bring him up to speed... he's been practicing for only a few weeks now. Even when he's finally active I doubt he makes it on the field as anything more than a nickle corner to begin with. Might be an interesting guy for next year, but this season... not so much.

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:49 pm

No one in your sig team is worth dropping for him. :thumbup:
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers