Thomas Davis: Torn ACL #3 !

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Thomas Davis: Torn ACL #3 !

Postby Shawn » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am

:thumbdown: Tearing the same ACL for 3 years in a row, HORRIBLE to think about something like that :shock:

Panthers WLB Thomas Davis has been diagnosed with a torn right ACL, ending his 2011 season.
This is the third straight season Davis has torn his right ACL, and it's hard to believe he'll ever play another NFL down. It's sad news for a player who was emerging as an IDP force before first tearing his ACL in Week 9 in 2009. The injury comes just one week after the Panthers lost MLB Jon Beason for the season, making it almost certain Carolina's run defense will finish as one of the league's worst. Omar Gaither, Jason Williams, Thomas Williams, and Jordan Senn are candidates to replace Davis on the weak side. Source: Steve Reed on Twitte
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Re: Thomas Davis: Torn ACL #3 !

Postby BradyT » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:31 pm

He´s done, finally! I´ve been carrying him on all my IDP rosters since before the first ACL tear...man.. thats disappointing, especially with also Beason being lost for the season on several of my teams.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

nzkoston
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nzkoston » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:46 pm

whats going to happen with the Carolina LBs now!? I've picked up Connor and it looks like he got all of 2 tackles in week 2. sad to say the least.
10 Team league, Custom scoring.
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 6 bench spots, 1 IR spot

QB - Brady, Stafford, Luck
RB - Spiller, Moreno JStewart, Mathews
WR - Vincent Jackson, Nicks, Maclin, Wayne
TE - ?
DT - ?
DE - Dumervil, Cameron Jordan
LB - ?
CB - Winfield
S - ?
D/ST - Lions

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:57 am

nzkoston wrote:whats going to happen with the Carolina LBs now!? I've picked up Connor and it looks like he got all of 2 tackles in week 2. sad to say the least.

Dont be afraid about Connors production. It happens from time to time.. but in general he can be a pretty good producer(look at the beginning of last season) and I´m sure he´ll be a good LB2 with low end LB1 upside.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Connor's not very good. James Anderson may be the SLB, but he's the LB to own. Conner may get lucky here and there, but the steady tackles and big plays will come from Anderson imo. We'll see, I mean Anderson had one great season last year and we went through the same bs. I'll leave Conner on the wire.

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:07 am

Go get Jason Williams if you can
Jason Williams will start at weak-side linebacker in place of Thomas Davis (knee).
Williams started two games last year, recording 15 tackles and a fumble recovery before tearing his ACL. The Panthers figure to struggle against the run going forward after losing Davis and MLB Jon Beason already this season.