Mason Foster

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Mason Foster

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm

He was the first drafted player to sign. Looks like Ruud isn't coming back. What are his prospects this year? I got him with the 175th pick in my rookie/FA draft and I'm pretty pumped.

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Re: Mason Foster

Postby haydn239 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:49 pm

nice pick up!
Twitter @haydn239

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:19 am

Nice pickp. I wouldn't count on him playing MLB until it happens. He's a much better fit at WLB in a L.Briggs type role to me. If he plays MLB, watch for a possible slide to WLB next year when Hayes's contract is up and TB to draft a MLB if Rudd doesn't return.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:34 am

As long as Ruud is around, his value and production will be limited, but if Ruud indeed leaves the Bucs, Foster should flirt with top 10 or even top 5 numbers.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:36 am

MR ROURKE wrote:Nice pickp. I wouldn't count on him playing MLB until it happens. He's a much better fit at WLB in a L.Briggs type role to me. If he plays MLB, watch for a possible slide to WLB next year when Hayes's contract is up and TB to draft a MLB if Rudd doesn't return.
Mark Domenik confirmed Foster will be playing MLB. Foster is a tackle machine and I think he is easily the top rookie IDP this year.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:57 am

This is Mark Domenik's statement

"It's important that your Mike linebacker, the young guy that we drafted, is here on this football team and trying to learn the system as fast as possible, and any discussions with Barrett I would leave out of the picture right now."

It's nice for Foster, but says nothing definite. Of course Foster is being tauted as the MLB since Ruud isn't on the roster as a F/A. Ruud can't be in the picture since he's not signed, but the statement doesn't say they aren't trying to get Ruud. Domenik just didn't want to talk about Ruud since he's not on the roster or give any further leverage to Ruud. Ruud could leave or stay, but this statement above is just fluff until Ruud signs somewhere.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:30 pm

May I introduce your new starting MLB for the TB Bucs! Will he be the week 1 starter with Ruud going to the titans?

What kind of production do you expect?

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:01 pm

His D-line should help his situation...i think the situation may outweigh the talent and really it make take a few years to expect solid numbers. Shortened offseason doesn't help a MLB who is the QB of the defense.
Twitter @haydn239

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:20 am

well Ruud is officially a Titan

Titans signed MLB Barrett Ruud to a one-year contract.
Ruud was greeted by a soft market, likely because of his struggles against the run. He's solid in coverage, however, and is a worthwhile signing for a team that was in line to go with rookie Colin McCarthy in the middle. McCarthy and Ruud should have to fight it out in camp. Ruud simply isn't as effective as his big name indicates, and McCarthy is the future at the position. Jul 30, 8:17 PM
Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

What round would be good spot for foster in start up idp drafts???
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:13 pm

Biggcmo wrote:
Depends on how many offensive starters you have, how many bench spots, how many teams, how many roster spots, and how many IDP's you play each week. I think Foster is capable of being that Rolando McClain kind of valued guy, top 20 as a rookie is what I expect anyway. I'd want to pick him up as early as possible in a startup, and usually I'm the type to draft that Patrick Willis in Round 4. For the most part, I just like to fill in QB,WR,WR,RB,RB before reaching for a rookie like this. Round 6 should be the earliest imo, but I'm pretty sure others would pick up talent like Foster by Round 8 because once the top LB's start to go, they go fast.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 am

Vintage wrote:
Biggcmo wrote:
Depends on how many offensive starters you have, how many bench spots, how many teams, how many roster spots, and how many IDP's you play each week. I think Foster is capable of being that Rolando McClain kind of valued guy, top 20 as a rookie is what I expect anyway. I'd want to pick him up as early as possible in a startup, and usually I'm the type to draft that Patrick Willis in Round 4. For the most part, I just like to fill in QB,WR,WR,RB,RB before reaching for a rookie like this. Round 6 should be the earliest imo, but I'm pretty sure others would pick up talent like Foster by Round 8 because once the top LB's start to go, they go fast.
I am usually one to get value at IDP. I wouldn't draft any IDP before round 6 in a startup. In a startup I had prior to this news I took Foster in Round 15. Now I would take him around round 10 probably. I was high on him before but I knew he was under the radar enough to snatch up later on. That said, every draft has a life of it's own so value is relative.

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:17 am

i just drafted Foster as my 3rd LB in round 17. Im happy with that :clap: :thumbup:
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 am

Biggcmo wrote:i just drafted Foster as my 3rd LB in round 17. Im happy with that :clap: :thumbup:
Awesome value!!!

nzkoston
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nzkoston » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:22 pm

im trying to trade up in our rookie draft to get this guy. Looking to trade out Cushing who is my 4th LB in a 3LB league to get into the top of the 2nd round of our 3 round rookie/FA draft. I think hes got a great opportunity there. Not expecting Ruuds numbers but in time who knows!? im willing to take the gamble.
10 Team league, Custom scoring.
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 6 bench spots, 1 IR spot

QB - Brady, Stafford, Luck
RB - Spiller, Moreno JStewart, Mathews
WR - Vincent Jackson, Nicks, Maclin, Wayne
TE - ?
DT - ?
DE - Dumervil, Cameron Jordan
LB - ?
CB - Winfield
S - ?
D/ST - Lions