Brandon Graham - Roster Worthy

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Brandon Graham - Roster Worthy

Postby tidewaterjc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:16 pm

After an under-performing 2010 campaign and given the torn ACL/meniscus injury in December on top of reports of a bad attitude- is he still rosterable or would you look to drop him for current rookies Cameron Heywood or Cameron Jordan?

Tackles 2pts
Assists 1pt
Sacks 2.5 per 1/2 sack
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Brandon Graham - Roster Worthy

Postby meineymoe » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Given these three, I'd probably wait on Graham and see how he responds in his 2nd NFL season, and keep the other two on your radar in case you need to make a switch mid season. In the meantime, look elsewhere.

-oo-

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:56 am

Heyward I wouldn't worry about picking up. He's in a 3-4.

Rookie DE's typically don't do well as it takes them time to adjust to the NFL and develope more pass rushing mvoes and better hand usage. Both Graham and Jordan are roster worthy in a 12 team league. If you only have room for one, then Graham would be the one I'd want at this tie sicne he's further along. At only 2.5 points a sack, the DE's aren't going to carry that much value.

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:51 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:Heyward I wouldn't worry about picking up. He's in a 3-4.

Rookie DE's typically don't do well as it takes them time to adjust to the NFL and develope more pass rushing mvoes and better hand usage. Both Graham and Jordan are roster worthy in a 12 team league. If you only have room for one, then Graham would be the one I'd want at this tie sicne he's further along. At only 2.5 points a sack, the DE's aren't going to carry that much value.
the scoring he listed is 2.5 per half sack which = 5 Fpts per sack(big play setup).

In a non-bigplay scoring setup, with sacks count for 3 Pts and Tackles counting for 2, I think Cam Jordan is going to be very valuable. He is more of a 4-3 tackle machine, than a dynasmic pass rusher. Hes big and athletic, and has huge arms and hands.

Rotoworld
"Saints selected Cal DE Cameron Jordan with the No. 24 overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft.
New Orleans clearly made the defensive line an offseason priority, using this pick on their new starting strong-side end and signing Shaun Rogers to play the nose. Jordan fell in the draft because he lacks elite pass-rush ability, but former six-time Pro Bowl Steve's son has massive hands (11 1/4") and arms (34 1/2"), and projects as an impact run stopper. Jordan finished his Cal career with a respectable 34 tackles for loss and 16.5 sacks in 32 starts."

New Orleans Times-Picayune
"Saints GM Mickey Loomis revealed that he nearly traded up to grab Cameron Jordan but "couldn't make a deal."
"We didn't think that either guy would fall to us, frankly," said Loomis. "I wouldn't have bet a nickel." Director of college scouting Rick Reiprish confirmed that Jordan will play left end in Gregg Williams' 4-3 scheme. That's handy insurance with Will Smith possibly suspended for the first four games of the season"

Image Image

With all that being said I don think Jordan will crack the top30 in the scoring listed, because of the sack rewarding setup(5 pts per/sack). I dont know much about Graham, but thought I would throw my 2 cents in on Cam Jordan, as I have done quite a bit of research on him. Im picturing a ceiling of Deacon Jones, and a floor of Justin Smith. His stock was on the rise pre-draft because the scouts felt he could rush the passer in a 4-3 scheme as well as be a tackle machine/run stopper; he played in a 3-4 at Cal. and avg around 5-6 sacks a season.
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:Heyward I wouldn't worry about picking up. He's in a 3-4.

OK... missed that it's listed in half sack amounts.

Anyway... advice stays the same except the last line and both should be rostered.