Hello, I'm @SteveIDP

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Hello, I'm @SteveIDP

Postby sportstalkryan » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:15 am

Just because most IDP leagues only use DL / LB / DB positions doesn't mean DLF should limit themselves there. It would be best if you had rankings for DL / LB / DB; and also for DT / DE / LB / CB / S; ... and also for DI / EDR / Stack LB / CB / S.
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:36 am

sportstalkryan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:15 am Just because most IDP leagues only use DL / LB / DB positions doesn't mean DLF should limit themselves there. It would be best if you had rankings for DL / LB / DB; and also for DT / DE / LB / CB / S; ... and also for DI / EDR / Stack LB / CB / S.
Whoah! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here! Lol. Baby steps. Keep it simple. I'm thinking thorough and frequently updated rankings available year round would be a fine starting point. Once they've got that nailed then they can tackle the more in depth stuff and positional variances. Hell, I might even start paying a subscription again.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:31 pm

DLF_SteveS wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:19 pm
Team Tacos wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:41 pm Welcome! Yes rankings that are updated more often would be better, and rankings that split DL into DT and DE, and DB into S and CB would be awesome. Also snap counts, like someone said above. Can’t wait to read your stuff!
Snap counts: I don't know anyone in fantasy football better than Tom Kislingbury. His work on snaps is better than anyone out there.

We've had these same discussions behind the scenes about the upcoming 2019 rookies. We're doing our best to break it into DL/LB/DB because that's what most IDP leagues still use. But we're all sensitive to the idea that we could also be ranking these guys by IDL/EDGE/S/CB.

In reality, I've been having this argument with IDP experts for 10 years. Behind the scenes, we're having this argument with Yahoo/MFL/ESPN, etc. It's been raging for years. I'm not optimistic we're close to a solution.

Since I don't want to be fatalistic with this issue, I'd just recommend you reach out to the DLF team here in the forums. Give us all of the scoring quirks in your league. We'll give you the best advice we have.
I definitely follow Tom. He does great things.

Interesting response on splitting out the rankings, but I get it. Seems like alot of work for something people still consider a fringe element to dynasty and like is said above "woah woah woah, we'll take what we can get" (paraphrasing of course). Maybe some day! I'll keep paying for a subscription though, no doubt. All of my IDP leagues have split DL into DT and DE, and DB into S and CB in the past year or so, so I'm sure others will follow soon. DT would be the one that interests me most, since I normally stream CBs and safeties.

kandyman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby kandyman » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:27 am

Hello Steve. Glad to have you on board with the IDP community. I have only been doing IDP for about 5 years. You have me all excited for the boost of content incoming. Hopefully, you can impact the IDP section as much I think people perceive lukkynumber13 does (no, I'm not crushing on you lukky). Rankings and incoming rookie evaluation are probably the two key spots where I can see desired consumable content.
Team 1 (2021 picks 1.03, 1.10,1.11, 2.11)
QB - Josh Allen, Cam Newton, Taysom Hill
RB - Miles Sanders, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins
WR - Ceedee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Boyd, C. Ridley, N'Keal Harry, P. Campbell
TE- Njoku, D. Knox, Trautman
LB - E. Kendricks, D. Bush, D. White, I. Simmons
DL - B. Chubb, Nick Bosa
DB - D. James, J. Abram
Team 2 (2020 Picks 1.113.10)
QB - Burrow, D. Jones, Brady, M Ryan
RB - Miles Sanders, T. Cohen, D. Harris, Swift, AJ Dillon
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, Justin Jefferson, N. Harry, Tee Higgins
TE - D. Njoku, TJ Hockenson
LB - Roquan Smith, Jayon Brown, Greenlaw
DL - B. Chubb, C. Young
DB - L. Collins, A. Winfield

robbie80robbie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby robbie80robbie » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:01 am

late to the party as usual but good to have you on board. I am looking forward to the enhanced coverage of IDP and hopefully in a timely manner. By the time some of the info comes out (waiver wire pick ups) it has been too late for me in the past.. I look forward towards the improvements and learning as I have been with idp the last 5 years.
I have too many teams to list...

"i never worry about what people think..they don't do it often.."

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:12 pm

Welcome to the party brother. As for me, I’m looking forward to any type of improvement. Up to date rankings would be awesome. IDP / IOP trade comparisons would be interesting, but obviously scoring dependent. I’m not picky. Happy to have you.