Fairley and Suh????

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
haydn239
Captain
Captain

Fairley and Suh????

Postby haydn239 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:57 am

How does this work out? Who plays the three technique do they have a traditional NT in the 4-3 or do they throw these guys in for all three downs and not just on passing downs? :?: :?:
Twitter @haydn239

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Re: Fairley and Suh????

Postby cleanwillyb » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 am

I'm not sure exactly how it will play out, but I'm sure the Lions are happy they have a problem like that.

In two years Detroit went from being a fantasy dream matchup for opposing RBs to a nightmare.
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:50 pm

What if Bowers falls to them, the Lions pull the trigger, and it works out on the other side of KVB with Suh and Fairley in the middle? Not liking this idea as a Bears fan :thumbdown:

Anyway Suh and Fairley are both guys with nice motors. I'm not sure it will matter about their "offical" position, because if I was the Lions defensive coach... I'd be moving them all around. Both of them are good enough to be moved anywhere across the line and really mess with offensive lines and their blocking/protection schemes. If Fairley is as good as thought, it is going to be tough for an offense to play the Lions and gameplan to attempt to gameplan agaisnt the D-line. The Lions might turn out to have the best D-line with the Williams wall likely breaking up due to free agency.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:58 pm

the lions will have to trade up to get him. Bowers fell because teams didn't want to tie up first round signing bonus's on him, with his injury risk. but i think he'll go at the tip top of the 2nd round, probably to NE or to a team that trades with them
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:49 pm

This pick is nice on the surface. But the idiot Lions did nothing to shore up their O-Line. And no matter how good thier D is they wont do crap in that Div with Stafford on the sideline. And thier next 2 picks are Titus young, and LeShore. Idiot Franchise.
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:29 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:What if Bowers falls to them, the Lions pull the trigger, and it works out on the other side of KVB with Suh and Fairley in the middle? Not liking this idea as a Bears fan :thumbdown:

Anyway Suh and Fairley are both guys with nice motors. I'm not sure it will matter about their "offical" position, because if I was the Lions defensive coach... I'd be moving them all around. Both of them are good enough to be moved anywhere across the line and really mess with offensive lines and their blocking/protection schemes. If Fairley is as good as thought, it is going to be tough for an offense to play the Lions and gameplan to attempt to gameplan agaisnt the D-line. The Lions might turn out to have the best D-line with the Williams wall likely breaking up due to free agency.
Lions DE Cliff Avril, extended a first- and third-round restricted free agent tender, is holding out hope for a long-term deal.
Avril won't sign his $3.3 million tender anytime soon, hoping the Lions lock him up instead. Detroit doesn't have to worry about Avril getting away until next offseason because he's only a three-year player.

Seems like they like em...they could of had bowers with the 44th pick!
Twitter @haydn239

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:44 pm

MikeCross wrote:This pick is nice on the surface. But the idiot Lions did nothing to shore up their O-Line. And no matter how good thier D is they wont do crap in that Div with Stafford on the sideline. And thier next 2 picks are Titus young, and LeShore. Idiot Franchise.
:thumbup: Agree.....need to protect Stafford
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

Liltee8869
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Liltee8869 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:57 pm

MikeCross wrote:This pick is nice on the surface. But the idiot Lions did nothing to shore up their O-Line. And no matter how good thier D is they wont do crap in that Div with Stafford on the sideline. And thier next 2 picks are Titus young, and LeShore. Idiot Franchise.
if you look it up mike, the lions had the 7th best pass blocking in the NFL last year. Not sure that screams help me.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Sun May 01, 2011 12:05 am

MR ROURKE wrote: The Lions might turn out to have the best D-line with the Williams wall likely breaking up due to free agency.
Not only free agency but age man. The Lions are a force to be reckonned with now. Just hope Fairley is better than Gerald McCoy. The Lions defense is going to be putting up some points if 2011 gets underway!

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:37 pm

The Lions are at least 3-deep at DT, if not 4-deep. Suh and Fairley should play a lot, though. Suh would play the more traditional Under Tackle in their 4-3, with Fairley playing the 3-tech. Suh is strong enough to bust double-teams that the NT often goes against. Fairley should clean up from Suh's work, at times.

A couple of young up-and-coming Defensive Lines to look out for: Detroit and Tampa Bay's. The Giants have re-loaded (again), too.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars