Best Resources For IDP Rankings

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Best Resources For IDP Rankings

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:53 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:53 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:52 am I shall do my best!
There are people that I come across that I think, if they had the time & interest, that they should be fantasy football experts. I would gladly cheer to see you become known as an IDP guru. I doubt I could list on one hand a list of DLF forum posters who put so much time & effort into their rankings & player valuations that you do (imo).
I am very humbled to hear your words, thank you!
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

steveidp
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby steveidp » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi guys! I was reading your discussion here and I'd love for some feedback. I'm one of the new IDP rankers for DLF. I joined mid-season as a "replacement" but I'm excited about the year ahead to do things right and go through a full cycle.

Even as a mid-season replacement ranker, I struggled with how often to update my dynasty rankings for IDP. I mean, would you guys really respect rankings if I move my #12 DB to my #2 DB because he had 2 INTs this past week? (Real question -- I'd like your responses!)

I wrote the waiver wire IDP article for the second half of 2018 and I had to remind myself frequently that I wasn't chasing 10 tackle performances -- I was here to tell you guys whether I thought I guy was a real talent on the rise or just some dude who blew up for one week. I always want to be true to DLF's mission: long-term player value.

So is that enough to start a discussion? What's valuable to you? I don't expect anyone to shell out good money for rankings if you don't feel the value is there. I want to make sure the value is there.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Hire Luckky to do some analysis for ya.
Didn’t want to be a smart bleep, but Luckky does a lot of scouting on IDP and is a big contributor to our discussion in this forum.

Otherwise I would think most are talking about rookie analysis and even Devy. The regular season articles are good. The snap count analysis is great. I think we r looking more on rookie and to a lesser degree Devy analysis.

We all also agree that IDP analysis is tough outside of snap counts for actual NFL players. But a few articles about some guys you think could be good future nfl players helps us or just churn over names and check stuff out further on our own.

Right now what I do for example is just accumulate names into a list. Then at the end of the nfl season I start doing research on that list. News article, stats and some film if it can be found. But DLF articles start discussion on players and that is very helpful at the least. It brings some names to be highlighted. Especially since it is so hard to predict rookie and Devy IDP players future.

Oh and I for one am appreciative that you would chime in on this discussion. Shows initiative in improving. Thx.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:19 pm

As far as changing rankings that drastically in season, I would question you if it was because of 2 picks and would probably question any change that big in the top 10. That said, at the mid level a change that big due to an actual situation change, injuries in front of someone, them taking over as a starter and playing well, several weeks of sustained performance then yes I would respect the change and am somewhat bothered rankers don't make those changes in season more than they do
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan