IDP startup Bonanza

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Nimrod
Role Player
Role Player

IDP startup Bonanza

Postby Nimrod » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:56 pm

Our salary cap Auction Leage is implementing IDPs this year. We will add 3 players to our starting roster a DE/DT, S/CB, or FLEX (includes LB).

Scoring system:

Tackle: 1 point
Sack: 2 points
Interception: 2 points
TD scored: 6 points
Pass Defended: 1 point
Forced Fumble: 2 points
Fumble Recovered: 2 points
Safety: 2 points

I know nothing about the IDP side of fantasy. Upon first glance, it looks like there are a lot of names that will score between 8-12 points a game, where most points being scored come from tackles in this scoring system.

For those of you that know IDP, Which players or systems should I be targeting that will likely fly under the radar and still produce in the top 10 at their position?

I don’t want to spend a lot of my cap on big name defensive players if there are guys that can get me similar points that will be lesser known and much cheaper.
Team 1

12 team PPR QB 2 RB 2 WR 3 Flex TE DST

QB: Kyler, Cousins, Trubisky
RB: CEH, Hines, Cohen, Evans, Perine,
WR: AJ Brown, McLaurin, Allen Robinson, Gallup, Harry, Kirk
TE: Herndon, Njoku, Doyle

2021 picks 2nd, 4rd,

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: IDP startup Bonanza

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:59 pm

It is important to recognize that you have EXTREMELY shallow IDP starting requirements and VERY modest scoring so I would absolutely not overspend on IDP whatsoever. You will absolutely be able to find viable players on waivers throughout the year so I can't express to you more to spend your money on Offense. The ONLY position that may offer you ANY kind of advantage with these settings would be an elite DE like Hunter or Donald who offer you a solid tackle floor, yet are also threats for big sack numbers. You will be looking for MLB's who do not leave the field and you should NEVER have to play a CB or DT in this format. But again, I can't emphasize enough that while it's awesome that your league is spreading it's wings and delving into it, your settings just don't justify any real investment into IDP. That being said, once I tried IDP, I never went back. I have 14 leagues and none of them are offense only. Have fun
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland