Best Weekly IDP Projections?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Best Weekly IDP Projections?

Postby GOTGDynasty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:38 pm

I consult various sites' projections to set my roster lineups each week. For offensive positions I've had a lot of success over the years sticking fairly closely to David Dodds' and Sigmund Bloom's weekly projections at Footballguys (usually adhering a bit more closely to Bloom's especially if I'm looking for high ceiling on a given week). But I'm not as thrilled with that site's weekly IDP projections by John Norton and Darin Tietgen. They're in the ballpark but the two of them diverge more than the offensive projectors and tend to pan out less. I also consult the Draftsharks site for its weekly IDP projections - I'm not so enamored with its weekly offensive rankings, but its IDP rankings are often a bit closer to the results, is my experience, than those at FBG.

I play in leagues which roster 1 or 2 at each position - DL, LB, DB - each week so there is a lot of talent on the waiver wire and it's a challenge to game out who at each position has the best shot at a big week. With LBs and DBs it's mostly about the tackles and the with DLs, under these scoring settings, it's mostly about the sacks.

I'm not dissing any of these guys. They work hard and do their best and weekly IDP projection seems more difficult than offensive player weekly projections. I acknowledge also that rostering only one or two at each position will by definition leave a lot of talent on the wires. And I do generally lead my leagues in IDP points week to week because of these guys. Still, I'd like to up my game with IDP rostering, and not leave so many points on the waiver wires each week, and am looking for other weekly input toward that.

My query is whether anybody here has a good experience with any other site's weekly IDP projections, and whether there is some kind of industry measurement standard for accuracy that grades IDP projectors for their weekly work, and if so, where to I find them? Please include the URL if you've got a good one! Thanks.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Best Weekly IDP Projections?

Postby IR1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Have a tendency to go with my own rankings and gut feeling, but occasionally check idpguru.com
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:23 pm

IR1 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:08 pm check idpguru.com
Will do. Thanks!
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,

icemic
Rookie
Rookie

Postby icemic » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:56 pm

IR1 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:08 pm Have a tendency to go with my own rankings and gut feeling, but occasionally check idpguru.com
I tend to do this exact same thing as well, although I feel like he’s slipped a little the past couple years.

Would t fantasy pros essentially be the tool that measures accuracy in weekly projections?
16 Team Dynasty Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 2DT, 2DE, 3LB, 2CB, 2S .5 ppr
QB - Lawrence, Tua
RB - Henderson, Javonte Williams, Lindsay, Stevenson, Jaret Patterson
WR - McLaurin, Corey Davis, Michael Thomas, Terrace Marshall, Christian Kirk, Marquez Callaway, Quez Watkins, Tyrell Williams, Quintez Cephus, Mike Strachan
TE - Logan Thomas, OJ Howard, Granson, Tremble
DT - Oliver, Kinlaw
DE - Myles Garrett, JJ Watt, Jordan, Hendrickson, Paye
LB - Kendricks, Mosley, Simmons, Parsons, Holcomb, Okereke, Barnes, Barton, Mykal Walker
CB - Carlton Davis, Kenny Moore, Sneed
S - Poyer, Khari Willis, Dugger, Peppers

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:00 pm

icemic wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:56 pm Would t fantasy pros essentially be the tool that measures accuracy in weekly projections?
I'm a subscriber but I've never seen those measurements there. I'll take a deeper look!

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Grudge » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:08 am

GOTG, I am in the same boat as you. I follow Football Guys for the offense side and feel that they are pretty good. I enjoy their IDP roundtable pod as well but feel they are a bit more out on the IDP side of things. This year I have been trying to immerse my self more into the IDP side of things in my 3rd year of playing IDP. I do check fantasy sharks as well, and kind of build off of them and Football Guys, but I want more...
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Allan, Big Ben
RB: Mixon, J. Taylor, Ekeler, R. Jones, Edmonds, D. Harris, Freeman, Gio, K. Hill, Tony Jones
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin, Cooks, Jeudy, Higgins, E. Moore, Callaway, Palmer, Slayton,
TE: Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Tonyan, RSJ, Parham, Albert O
K:
DE: Heyward, Hendrickson, Davenport
LB: Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Mosley, Wilson, Gay,
DB: Byard, Bell, Jenkins