Larry Ogunjobi

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Larry Ogunjobi

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 am

What is his worth? He looks like a force from the middle. Just missed claiming him last week and now someone wants a 3rd for him. We have a 7 round full 53 man roster with balanced scoring. Not easy to find DTs. Should I do this? I already have Chris Jones and the stanford rookie on the Bills.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Larry Ogunjobi

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:32 am

Anytime you can get a 3rd round pick for a DT, you take it and run
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:05 am

I would prefer the pick over Ogunjobi, but I do think he’s going to be a factor for a long time.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 pm

It seems whenever I drop someone they latwr turn out to be good lol. Thankfully someone dropped him last week and I picked him back up. Hopefully he'll continue his good play!

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:53 pm

He had 3 sacks yesterday with one called back due to some DB nothing penalty. He looks super legit, I'm not paying a third but I offered a fifth and LB Brandon Marshall but no go.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I've been following him since last year...I know this offseason he specifically picked his trainer because that trainer also trains Geno Atkins...apparently the two hit it off and Geno sort of took Larry under his wing with training and film studying. I just thought it said a lot of Larry's goals to make that type of effort. How many teams are in your league? Can you guys meet in the middle with a 4th rounder?

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:00 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:49 pm I've been following him since last year...I know this offseason he specifically picked his trainer because that trainer also trains Geno Atkins...apparently the two hit it off and Geno sort of took Larry under his wing with training and film studying. I just thought it said a lot of Larry's goals to make that type of effort. How many teams are in your league? Can you guys meet in the middle with a 4th rounder?
16 teams. I already dealt my 4th rounder but I suppose I could offer my 2020 4th.

bdynomite
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bdynomite » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Yep, kicking myself for not grabbing him after week 1. It's always so hard for me to get excited about defensive tackles so I tend to miss a couple gems (sorry Aaron Donald!). If you're in a start DT league, I'd send a 4th to get him.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:22 pm

bdynomite wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 pm Yep, kicking myself for not grabbing him after week 1. It's always so hard for me to get excited about defensive tackles so I tend to miss a couple gems (sorry Aaron Donald!). If you're in a start DT league, I'd send a 4th to get him.
I offered a fourth and he declined. Oh well such is life. No way am I paying a 3rd for a DT, don't care how promising he looks.

Dunville
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dunville » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:04 am

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he could be one of the next difference makers at DT.

I know others will disagree but all of my IDP leagues I play in are DT required (not all leagues listed) and I value DT similar to TE. The leagues I play are either balanced scoring or big play.
It's one of those positions that when you have a stud it can give your team a real advantage. For years I struggled to plug and play DT and a few years ago when I was in serious contention I went as far as offering a first for Geno atkins which got declined. The guys who have Atkins, Cox, Short et al all have that advantage.

Last year when Irving came back he was a difference maker for my team and nearly messed up a my rebuild because he helped me win a few weeks lol.

I believe after watching him play Ogunjobi looks like he has potential to be up there with those guys given time.
There's the obvious risk of scheme change etc but even so I wouldnt hesitate to pay a 3rd for him or even maybe a 2nd in big play leagues.

Just my take anyhow.
Last edited by Dunville on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team 1 pt PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex 1K
QB Tua Stroud
RB Bijan, Gibbs, kamara Jamaal, CEH, Allgeier, Brown
WR Hill, JJ, Higgins, Keenan, Reed, Thielen, Boyd, Iosivas, Tucker
TE Hockenson Friermuth, Likely
K Elliot
1DT 2DE 3LB 1CB 2S 1Flex
DT Donald Zach Allen
DE Crosby, Hutchinson Van Ness, Turner, Wonnum,
LB Greenlaw, Kendricks, Bernard, Mosley, McFadden, Barton, Overshown, Cashman, Henley
CB Stream
S Bynum, Blankenship fuller, grant,
2024 -2.05, 3.05, 3.12, 6th
2025 2 x 1st, 2, 3,4,5,6

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:48 am

Dunville wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:04 am I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he could be one of the next difference makers at DT.

I know others will disagree but all of my IDP leagues I play in are DT required (not all leagues listed) and I value DT similar to TE. The leagues I play are either balanced scoring or big play.
It's one of those positions that when you have a stud it can give your team a real advantage. For years I struggled to plug and play DT and a few years ago when I was in serious contention I went as far as offering a first for Geno atkins which got declined. The guys who have Atkins, Cox, Short et al all have that advantage.

Last year when Irving came back he was a difference maker for my team and nearly messed up a my rebuild because he helped me win a few weeks lol.

I believe after watching him play Ogunjobi looks like he has potential to be up there with those guys given time.
There's the obvious risk of scheme change etc but even so I would hesitate to pay a 3rd for him or even maybe a 2nd in big play leagues.

Just my take anyhow.
I agree completely. Ogunjobi has been progressing and improving rapidly. While watching him so far this season, he looks like he could be an elite DT. It is also important to remember, the Browns have Garrett on one end and Ogbah at the other. Ogbah has missed time early this year due to injury, but he is going to also be a force. The Browns have a D-line with huge potential which will cause more opportunity for each of them.

Papa Stephano
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Papa Stephano » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:25 am

I'd lean towards paying a 3rd for him. I think he's going to be in the leagues top 5 DT's before long. Elite DT point-getters aren't easy to come by, so I would consider it. It really depends on the make-up of you team, the group of DT's you have, and the scoring system.

I picked him up this week for the league minimum of $500k in one of my salary cap league. In the first two weeks he was 4th in scoring. He picked me up another 18 points last night which I'm very happy about.
12 Team, Salary Cap & Contact, IDP, 53 Man Roster
QB - Mayfield, Tanahill, Jackson
RB - Bell, Ajayi, Guice, Cohen, Hines
WR - Thielen, Kupp, Kirk, M. Williams
TE - Ebron, Graham
DT - D. Harrison, Ogunjobi
DE - C. Jones, D. Lawrence, Pierre-Paul
LB - V. Miller, J. Brown, J. Davis
CB - Poole, S. Griffin, J. Alexander
S - J. Johnson, Joyer, T.J. McDonald
Draft Picks: 2-2nd's, 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 Team, 18 Man Roster, 4 Man Taxi
QB - Big Ben
RB - Kamara, , A. Jones, Cohen, Yeldon
WR - Hill, M. Thomas, Kupp, Tate, Coleman, T. Taylor, D. Moore
TE - Everett
TAXI - L. Jackson, Chark, Tre'Quan Smith, St. Brown
Draft Picks: 2nd, 4th

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Good responses guys thanks.

I don't think a third is outrageous by any means but I have Chris jones and the rookie from the bills. It's not a pressing need but I'll keep it in mind.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Finally worked out a deal for Ogunjobi.

16 team full IDP

Gave Crowder and some falcons rookie LB
Got ogunjobi and Matt judon

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu May 30, 2019 7:28 pm

Year completed. How do we feel about Larry the OG now? Sheldon and Vernon added to the line. Good or bad to have that much talent? How does the improve offense impact him?