Read and React DLF IDP Podcast

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Read and React DLF IDP Podcast

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:58 am

StickyZ and Tom, love the show but someone please fix whatever is going on with Tom's mic/feed! It is nauseating lol. Thought it might just be a bug in the 1st few episodes that would get fixed but here we are on episode 41 and it's worse than ever. It's not constant, sometimes it's okay but others Tom, you come through extremely digital and choppy sounding to the point where it can be difficult to understand what you are saying at all. When you are speaking slowly the problem is minimal, but as soon as you speed up at all it breaks up pretty bad!
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Read and React DLF IDP Podcast

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:24 am

While you guys are at it, please also address the relative sound levels if possible. If I want to hear what Tom is saying (and I definitely do!), I need to turn the volume up to the point where it sounds like Sticky is yelling.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

astonvanilla
Rookie
Rookie

Postby astonvanilla » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Ha, 100% agree! I thought it was just me! I have my podcast app set to remove silence from podcasts and assumed it was the sound breaking up when Tom was talking. It's so frustrating.

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:23 am

Thanks chaps. Mic levels is a fairly easy thing to fix. We'll have a play with that.

Connections is a bit more of an ongoing one but we're working on it...

Thanks for the feedback
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:50 am

#landline
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:59 am

The new shows have been great!

-Booger McFarlland

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:05 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:59 am The new shows have been great!
Sarcasm right? I haven’t seen any in roughly a month.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:11 am

Very much so FiremanEd.

-Booger McFarlland

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:12 am

THIS JUST IN!! WE HAVE AN EPISODE UP!!

-Booger McFarlland

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:44 am

Guys,
Still a loyal, listener to the show but you have GOT to get the audio dialed in. It's been 103 episodes and this last "Favorite Guys" episode was virtually unlistenable. Tom's audio was awful coming in and out every few seconds/minutes or so from a normal volume to one you could barely hear. I trudged through it but it was painful. Not sure who decided to go ahead and put that one up. It seems like it's always a crap shoot as to the audio quality. Makes me less excited to see new content que'd up. Just an opinion from a regular listener.

-Booger McFarlland

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:25 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:44 am Guys,
Still a loyal, listener to the show but you have GOT to get the audio dialed in. It's been 103 episodes and this last "Favorite Guys" episode was virtually unlistenable. Tom's audio was awful coming in and out every few seconds/minutes or so from a normal volume to one you could barely hear. I trudged through it but it was painful. Not sure who decided to go ahead and put that one up. It seems like it's always a crap shoot as to the audio quality. Makes me less excited to see new content que'd up. Just an opinion from a regular listener.
I’ll second this. I did not tough through it. Tom’s audio going in and out was too much. Needs to be improved for the good of the pod.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:41 pm

Is this even still a thing? It hasn't shown up in my DLF feed since October I believe? Anyone know if they are still doing it? Any other IDP shows worth listening to? Looks like The Football Guys IDP Round Table was changed to the IDP Blitz and shortened significantly and no longer includes John Norton as far as I can tell. Bummer.

-Booger McFarlland

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:49 am

Thanks Guerilla, so IDP Blitz is worth checking out? I'll give it a try.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:22 pm

This show has become absolutely unlistenable. 105 episodes and the audio is still garbage with Tom cutting in and out and huge volume fluctuations. It's 2022, there is no excuse here for poor audio. Obviously no one at DLF checks this thread for any input or to check the temperature of the core of their audience. Very little in season content and now giving excuses as to why. "There is plenty of other IDP content out there" and "IDP is hard to predict" and "not much changes week to week" s a very very sad excuse for not putting up content in season. I give up guys. I tried. I'm over it. DLF should seriously consider an IDP based podcast reboot.

-Booger McFarlland

stick3925
Rookie
Rookie

Postby stick3925 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:36 am

It really is sad how scarce quality IDP content is ... This past season I came across rankings from many sites that included players that had already been declared out listed in the top 10 (even saw this on ESPN rankings a couple times last year). I know it's a niche market but it's a passionate one!