Top Rookies

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
SkillsPino
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Top Rookies

Postby SkillsPino » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:03 am

Who does everyone like as the top rookies for IDP. I'm going to keep my list to DL, LB, and S. This isn't who I think will be the best NFL player, but who I think has the most points as a rookie. Feel free to contribute.

DL - Kemoko Turay - Davenport is the likely pick here, but I watch a number of Rutgers games this past year and really liked Turay. It seems the Colts have been looking for a pass rusher since Freeney left, I think Turay could be that guy. He was also just bumped to 1st team on the depth chart this week. Looking forward to seeing him play tonight in the preseason.

LB - Roquan Smith - Hardly a surprise pick here. We will see if his 29 day holdout effects his impact on the Bears D to start the season. There are a few other good choices here, Tremaine Edmunds obviously being high with the stat happy crew in Buffalo. I drafted Smith, so I'm going to take him here.

DB - Also a few good options here. After this weekend's injury to Jaylen Watkins, it's hard for me not to pick Derwin James. He was already climbing the depth chart and his lack of competition makes me slot him here. Minka Fitz is another clear choice, but with Reshad Jones and TJ MacDonald in play in Miami, I think it'll be a few weeks until Minka claims his spot full time.

Other guys I'm watching:
DL - Rasheem Green. Loved Green at USC and he is going to get tons of opportunities in Seattle with Bennett gone and Avril likely not back. He had 3 tackles, 3 assists, and 1.5 sacks this weekend in preseason.

LB - Lorenzo Carter - There is lots of competition for Carter in NY, but he is just too athletic not to have on the field. Ogletree & Vernon are locked in, but I don't have much faith in BJ Goodson and could see Carter jumping ahead of him early.

DB - Jessie Bates - With Iloka getting cut, this should open the door for Bates. He is already listed as starting FS and picked up 4 tackles in his last preseason game.
Dynasty IDP League #1 - 100M Salary Cap
12-team, Full PPR, IDP (tackle heavy), 25-man active roster, 5-man taxi squad (50% salary), Rookie Squad ($0 counted towards salary)

12 Starters (1 QB, 1-2 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-2 TE, 1-3 DT/DE, 2-3 LB, 1-3 DB)

QB: Russell Wilson (3.5M), Deshaun Watson (7.6M)
RB: Joe Mixon (9.9M), Jonathan Taylor (3M), Jamal Williams (1M)
WR: Tyreke Hill (12.5M), DeAndre Hopkins (5.9M), Diontae Johnson (10M), Jaylen Waddle (3M), Laviska Shenault (2.5M)
TE: TJ Hockenson (8.5M), Noah Fant (5.9M), Juwan Johnson (1M)
DL: Jaelan Phillips (2M), Emmanuel Ogbah (1M)
LB: Zaven Collins (2.5M), Damien Wilson (1M)
DB: Kevin Byard (2M), Jordan Poyer (2M), Nick Cross (2M)

2022 Taxi/Redshirts:
WR - Rondale Moore (3M)
WR - Nico Collins (2M)
WR - Terrace Marshall (2.5M)
S - Richie Grant (2M)
WR - Bryan Edwards (1.6M)