Melvin Ingram

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Big Greezy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Melvin Ingram

Postby Big Greezy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:11 am

Ingram is listed as DE on the Chargers initial depth chart and DE on every rankings site. Will he get DE designation or will he fall as a LB d/t the franchise tag being labeled as a LB for him earlier this year?
(I'm speaking in regards to ESPN btw)

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Melvin Ingram

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 am

ESPN doesn't always follow MFL or any other site. I (unfortunately) expect that he'll be stuck as a LB this year.

There are a few of these OLB/edge rusher guys that flip-flop seemingly every year even with no change in scheme. Ingram is one, as well as Clowney, Mack/Irvin, Kerrigan, etc. I think ESPN sees it as a non-issue since they have that "EDR" designation as well, but that doesn't help us in established leagues that aren't going to be changing the starter settings to replace DE with EDR.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Melvin Ingram

Postby sportstalkryan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:03 am

Well that's stupid of ESPN. Ingram should have been listed as a DE last year as well. But you absolutely should switch to EDR. It's a superior setup.
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.