Watt and Garrett

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.

Which has more value in a Dynasty format?

JJ Watt much more valuable
11%
JJ Watt slightly more valuable
28%
Even Value
11%
Myles Garrett slightly more valuable
44%
Myles Garrett much more valuable
6%

Total votes: 18

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Watt and Garrett

Postby dm1129 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:35 am

I was discussing a multi-player trade with another owner. One of us has Watt and the other has Garrett and these two players were mentioned as part of the deal. To my surprise, our views on the value of the two were vastly different. So I am simply curious which of us was out of touch..haha.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Watt and Garrett

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Garrett for sure has more value.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Watt until Garrett shows he can be a top 10 DE
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:04 am

Watt is incredibly difficult to value. Guy is simply amazing...but look at the past two seasons. It is impossible to say what’s to come because we don’t know if his body is going to hold up. Add in that I believe he said he wants to play only while he’s elite (am I making that up? I thought I recall he did a while back?), and I wasn’t surprised when Garrett was taken before him in a two player copy league by a little over one round. Garrett is the young upside stud, who has ability but we don’t know what he’s going to do. Tom consistently notes concern on how the Browns rotate lineman and therefore may cap his ceiling. I can’t dispute it, but Garrett could still exce regardless.

Garrett will hold more value to a lot of teams due to age. Watt should still have a market himself, but only teams looking for the upside at a discount. For this reason I think Garrett > Watt, even though I feel bad doing so because I love Watt and it could look stupid based on Watt being Watt. Health and age are the concerns.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 am

FiremanEd wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:04 am Watt is incredibly difficult to value. Guy is simply amazing...but look at the past two seasons. It is impossible to say what’s to come because we don’t know if his body is going to hold up. Add in that I believe he said he wants to play only while he’s elite (am I making that up? I thought I recall he did a while back?), and I wasn’t surprised when Garrett was taken before him in a two player copy league by a little over one round. Garrett is the young upside stud, who has ability but we don’t know what he’s going to do. Tom consistently notes concern on how the Browns rotate lineman and therefore may cap his ceiling. I can’t dispute it, but Garrett could still exce regardless.

Garrett will hold more value to a lot of teams due to age. Watt should still have a market himself, but only teams looking for the upside at a discount. For this reason I think Garrett > Watt, even though I feel bad doing so because I love Watt and it could look stupid based on Watt being Watt. Health and age are the concerns.
Have to agree with this.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel