lb's and more lb's......what to do?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

lb's and more lb's......what to do?

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:57 am

Ten team dynasty league that scores heavily on sacks and int's ( 8 pts. per sack/ 10 pts. per int./ 1pt. per tkl and assist).
Currently roster R. Lewis-S. Tulloch-D. Bishop-Derrick Johnson-DeMeco Ryans- B. Ruud-S. Weatherspoon
I probably can only keep 3 of the above (maybe 4) due to roster ( see sig.) cutdown to 20.
In what order would you rate these lb's in a dynasty league?
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Re: lb's and more lb's......what to do?

Postby rkrazy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:31 am

This is a good problem to have. I'm torn between 3 players for the final 2 protected spots. If you have to cut down soon I would keep

Tulloch - I think Tulloch is a no brainer.
Ryans - achilles are always tough injury but still has too much value to drop. Possible move to 3-4 could help (or hurt) value depending on personnel in front of him.
D. Johnson - Played out of the dog house into a contract extension.
Bishop - no longer uncertain for 2011 after re-signing at a starter's price tag. I love how he performed for GB. He made Barnett or Hawk expendable, one of those two will be looking for a new home.

cut line
Ruud - FA to be had a down season...tough pill to swallow. Buyer beware - he might be too expensive for TB to resign.
Weatherspoon - I'm not a spoon fan. yes he's young but can he be counted on to play a full season or will nagging injuries linger. Is he locked in at WLB or SLB? Either way he's the second best LB option on his team.
Lewis - no doubt a beast and first ballot HOF but age is a factor in dynasty. You may be able to pick back up cheap because of his age.

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm

i am pretty much on the same page. May have to decide between Bishop and Johnson for final roster spot.
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:45 am

Could you possibly trade one or 2 of your LB's? You might get something decent for Ryans (since he's a ?) or for Lewis (who I might consider keeping despite his age) Tulloch...not a huge fan, maybe you are. Ruud could be dealt... He will almost assueredly bounce back IMO. IDP's for the most part are up and down from year to year. IMO. Even the elite ones. Last year Beason was a top 2-3 LB and he fell into the late teens in most of my leagues this season. I expect a bounce back next season.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges