Eric Reid

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Eric Reid

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Is Eric Reid done in the league? I mean at 26 (I believe) years old, he is in the prime of his career and came off a solid season. However, with Anthem-Gate in full swing, and player blackballing looking like a real thing, is he going to be signed by another team (or brought back to SF)? Or is he getting the Kap treatment?

I would say Reid is a better player at safety than Kap was at QB, so I don’t believe it would be as easy to deny that him being unsigned would be a result of his kneeling during the Anthem.

Is he worth an add in a 16 team 53 man roster with balanced IDP? I would think so as long as there’s a chance he could play (and continue playing at his past level).

Any reason to think he is completely done?

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Eric Reid

Postby motherlode » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Filing a collusion charge against your potential employers is a bold way to get signed. Where i work, you get walked to the gate the second the first letter from a lawyer hits the company mailbox. And then that multi billion dollar international corporation lets loose their team of high priced lawyers on you.

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:31 am

Things aren't looking good for him. The Safety market has been rough this off-season and guys like Tre Boston and Kenny Vaccaro are still free agents as well. Add in the collusion claim and I can't imagine that teams are rushing out to sign him right now At a minimum, I'd expect Boston and Vaccaro to get signed first. And it looked like Boston was going to get signed recently.

With this going on it's amazing to see Earl Thomas complaining about his contract. If he thinks that he could get a better deal in the free agent market, especially in mid-June, he's crazy.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:19 am

Yeah the collusion deal doesn’t bode well for his chances, but I would have thought that someone would have at least taken a look at him.

Guess not.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 am

DDT wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:31 am Things aren't looking good for him. The Safety market has been rough this off-season and guys like Tre Boston and Kenny Vaccaro are still free agents as well. Add in the collusion claim and I can't imagine that teams are rushing out to sign him right now At a minimum, I'd expect Boston and Vaccaro to get signed first. And it looked like Boston was going to get signed recently.

With this going on it's amazing to see Earl Thomas complaining about his contract. If he thinks that he could get a better deal in the free agent market, especially in mid-June, he's crazy.
For freaking real.

If Thomas got cut today, he'd have to settle for about 3 years, $15M at the MAX. And honestly I'd doubt he would get that.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)