Value of Cowboys Safeties in IDP

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Value of Cowboys Safeties in IDP

Postby turcorox911 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:56 am

So far it looks like there are really only 3 contenders for the 2 starting safety gigs in Dallas. They are...

1. Jeff Heath
2. Kavon Frazier
3. Xavier Woods

Other guys that may have a chance include Chidobe Awuzie, Jameil Showers, Marqueston Huff, Kam Kelly, Tyree Robinson, and MAYBE Byron Jones (although I think he's gonna stay at CB).

So how do you rank these players from best to worst? Who you taking a flyer on? You all think the team acquires another safety somehow before the start of the season?

Ruggenater
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Value of Cowboys Safeties in IDP

Postby Ruggenater » Fri May 25, 2018 8:37 am

Dallas has come out and said that Byron Jones is going to be a CB this year. I guess that was enough for ESPN, as he's lost his Safety designation.

I guess I'd rank them Heath, Woods, Frazier, but is there really much value to be had here? I think you're looking at a low end S3 with any of these guys.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: Rodgers, Dalton, Bortles, Tannehill, L Jackson, J Allen
RB: Michel, L Miller, Collins, Foreman, Dixon, Martin, Gore, Yeldon
WR: Hopkins, Robinson, Watkins, K Cole, Maclin, Lockett, Hollins, Allison
TE: Kelce, Gesicki, J Smith

10 Team 2017 Orphan Takeover - 0.5 PPR - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/DT/2DE/3LB/CB/2S/2DP/K
QB: Roethlisberger, Dalton, Eli, Tyrod
RB: L Miller, CJA, Bernard, Powell, D Foreman, Joe Williams
WR: Jeffery, Watkins, M Bryant, Kupp, Meredith, Edelman, J Matthews, Allison, Wilson
TE: Rudolph, Everett, Vannett
DT: N Suh, S Richardson
DE: T Flowers, J Clowney, M Wilkerson, Ngakoue
LB: Schobert, A Williamson, D Davis, M Foster, M Ingram
CB:
S: B Baker, Amos, T Jefferson, L Joyner
2018 Picks: 1.09, 2.06, 3.04, 3.06, 3.10, 3.11, 5.04
2019 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:35 am

Frazier has the most upside though if you ask me. He'll have to earn the starting job first though.

lukkynumber13
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:16 am

Ruggenater wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:37 am
I guess I'd rank them Heath, Woods, Frazier, but is there really much value to be had here? I think you're looking at a low end S3 with any of these guys.
Exactly. Heath is a worthy add in deeper leagues if he's cheap or free, but that's it.
T1
LUCK, Flacco, J Allen, Brissett
MIXON, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Chase E, R Smith, Jon Williams
KA/EVANS/DIGGS/HILTON/THIELEN, Sammy, C Davis, A Miller, Sanu, Tre'Quan, Terrance W, Bourne, Hansen, Fountain, Marshall
GRONK, Shaheen, Watson, Walford
-
DL: FLOWERS/HUGHES/ADDISON, Golden, Short, Okafor, Sheard, Malik J, Wolfe
LB: KENDRICKS/WILLIAMSON/ZACH C, Schobert, R. Evans, Warner, Onwuasor, Young, Milano, DJ
DB: ADDAE/AMOS/FARLEY, Simmons, John J, Heath, Maye

T2
JIMMY G, Rivers, Eli
GURLEY/GORDON/MIXON, Guice, Ajayi, Wilkins, Chase E
NUK/AJG/DIGGS/DT, Crabtree, Sanders, Shepard, P-Rich, Kenny G, Sanu, Hogan, Pryor, J'Mon, J Scott
ENGRAM, Doyle, Higbee, Vance, Everett, Herndon
-
DL: GRIFFEN/BUCKNER/HEYWARD, Golden, Short, Wilkerson, Wolfe, Ogbah, Spence
LB: KENDRICKS/BURFICT/DANNY T/HITCHENS/KJW, Leonard, Hicks, Warner, Ford, Simon, Goodson
DB: CHURCH/TAVON/POYER, Farley, John J, Geathers, Maye, McLeod, Quandre, D Everett

Ice
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ice » Sun May 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Woods will win the SS job IMO. Dallas is really high on him on both run support and pass pro. He is versatile.

He is worth a shot but the front 7 is really getting good and Dallas runs a lot of cover 2 in the back end so it will be interesting to see if he is a start worthy player. I thunk he is a lock starter.

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Wed May 30, 2018 1:29 am

This is a really interesting one. I dont think we should entirely abandon the idea of Byron J.
According to PFF last year he played:
Outside CB 4%
Slot 20%
Safety 54%
LB 14%

So by the team saying he moves to corner fulltime are they just saying he starts in the slot? And maybe we can expect 55% there and 20% at safety?

Jourdan Lewis was excellent as a rookie playing outside. Awuzie was promising. Anthony Brown is there too (and only played 15% in the slot in 2017). And Byron Jones didn't play outside any meaningful amount. So assuming he's suddenly a starting outside corner seems a stretch to me

I think we tend to be a little but too compartmental with a lot of DBs. We say they're going to be one thing or the other, but in reality they mostly do a lot of different things.

Jeff Heath is going to be on the field. Aside from that it's a lottery at the moment.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate