Dan Connor (CAR)???

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Dan Connor (CAR)???

Postby danes1212 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 am

I know this question might seem a little unorthodox, but I acquired a 1-7 team (now 1-9) and am re-buiding for next year and this is my first dynasty and IDP team, so please bear with me. I just placed Odom in one of my IR slots and now have an opening on my bench. I was actually thinking that maybe I should pick-up Dan Connor from Carolina. Researched him a bit and it sounds like he was having a great season and is set to have a dominant one next season. He's 25 years old, and had 47 tackles and 1 sack in 7 games as MLB.

Should I pick him up off of the waivers and place him in my 2nd IR slot for next season?

Thanks.
14 team, 1 ppr, QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, DT,DE, 3-LB's, DL, 2-CB, 2-SS, 2-DP, K, 2-IR
QB- A. Smith, Mariota, Luck
RB- M. Gordon, M. Ingram, D.Woodhead, M. Ekeler, C. Prosise
WR- A Thielen, L. Fitzgerald, M. Crabtree, C. Kupp, R. Matthews, JJ Nelson, J Edelman, B. Marshall, Q Enunwa
TE-J. Graham, OJ Howard, T.Burton, J. Thomas

DT- M. Daniels
DE- C.Jordan, J. Pierre-Paul, D. Folwer Jr, Eric Lee
LB- R. Shazier, J. Collins Sr, B. McKinney, D. Lee, S. Thompson, J Bostic, J Burgess Jr,
CB- J. Bradberry, R. Darby, K. Jackson
SS-J. Cyprien, J. Adams, E. Thomas
K- S. Gostkowski

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Dan Connor (CAR)???

Postby meineymoe » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Connor had great potential, coming out of Linebacker U and all, but he's struggled with injuries his entire NFL career... as soon as he starts to show some of that promise, he comes up lame and on IR.

Still, I think he has more potential that Odoms, so I would add him and see how things go for him next August.

-oo-

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:32 pm

true, I agree with meineymoe but worry about Anderson and Beason and don't forget Tommy Davis will be back from injury next season. That's a lot of company to share time with. Is it possible that guys like Desmond Bishop, Stephen Tullock or Derrick Johnson may be available? These are guys that have flown under the radar in some leagues.
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Seems like the Panthers are half-cursed at LB. Dan Morgan, Thomas Davis, and Dan Connor all IR regulars, past or present.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Jimi Hendrix wrote:true, I agree with meineymoe but worry about Anderson and Beason and don't forget Tommy Davis will be back from injury next season. That's a lot of company to share time with. Is it possible that guys like Desmond Bishop, Stephen Tullock or Derrick Johnson may be available? These are guys that have flown under the radar in some leagues.
Thanks. Unfortunately Bishop, Tullock, and Johnson are all rostered already. Very active 14 team league, so that's why I am reaching with Connor, because there's like nothing available. I went ahead and picked him up, we'll see how things go during the summer. Not sure when we have to select our keeper list but we keep 33 and with my 2 IR (Odom being out, and Connor) making my roster 35, should be easy to cut down.

Thanks everyone. Connor is only 25 years old, so I still believe that he will have solid and hopefully non-injury ridden seasons ahead of him. Plus, my roster sucks, so I've got nothing to lose. Dropped some crappy safety from Cincy for him, so wasn't a tough decision. lol.
14 team, 1 ppr, QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, DT,DE, 3-LB's, DL, 2-CB, 2-SS, 2-DP, K, 2-IR
QB- A. Smith, Mariota, Luck
RB- M. Gordon, M. Ingram, D.Woodhead, M. Ekeler, C. Prosise
WR- A Thielen, L. Fitzgerald, M. Crabtree, C. Kupp, R. Matthews, JJ Nelson, J Edelman, B. Marshall, Q Enunwa
TE-J. Graham, OJ Howard, T.Burton, J. Thomas

DT- M. Daniels
DE- C.Jordan, J. Pierre-Paul, D. Folwer Jr, Eric Lee
LB- R. Shazier, J. Collins Sr, B. McKinney, D. Lee, S. Thompson, J Bostic, J Burgess Jr,
CB- J. Bradberry, R. Darby, K. Jackson
SS-J. Cyprien, J. Adams, E. Thomas
K- S. Gostkowski

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:42 am

meineymoe wrote:Connor had great potential, coming out of Linebacker U and all, but he's struggled with injuries his entire NFL career... as soon as he starts to show some of that promise, he comes up lame and on IR.

Still, I think he has more potential that Odoms, so I would add him and see how things go for him next August.

-oo-
lol. I just had to bump this from last year. I kept Connor throughout last year on that poor team I acquired, and started him last week. Boy, with a little injury luck (feel super bad for Beason though), that decision paid off :clap: