Jamie Collins 2018

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Jamie Collins 2018

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:18 pm

How are we feeling about him these days? I was pretty high on him before he got hurt last year, and CLE LBs showed that they can put up some pretty impressive points after he was out. There are a lot of LB there to share time though this year. How would you rate him going forward?
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- TLaw, Stafford,
RB-
WR- JJ, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Kirk , QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT-
DE- Bosa, Young,
LB-
S-
1.01, 1.07, 1.08, 1.11
5 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

robbie80robbie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Jamie Collins 2018

Postby robbie80robbie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:49 am

(browns fan opinion)
I would say it would depend on what the defensive line does. Last year shelton was serviceable but didn't stop enough people. We had Garrett hurt half the year along with Jamie Meder being out..and a couple very green DT's playing a high percentage of plays..This was the result in a lot of second level plays that shouldn't have been. If we get a healthy Garrett and Ogbah takes a step forward as well as get good play from larry ogunjobi, coley and brantley I would say that the numbers for browns lb's takes a dip in 2018 I'm not buying Collins, however I do own Schobert and I wouldn't mind owning kirksey, (browns fan biased) but I would say Schobert is the only LB worth owning.
I have too many teams to list...

"i never worry about what people think..they don't do it often.."

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:13 am

I've sold Jamie Collins absolutely everywhere based on name value.

When he was fit last year he played all over the formation and ended up covering the slot and rushing the passer WAY more than is preferable for a LB. The Browns clearly showed that they don't see him as one of the inside roles.

Not to mention he was awful in NFL terms. And a serious injury is unlikely to have made him better.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:30 am

I have been a big Collins fan since he his early success but he is one of my biggest sells this offseason. Just too easy to find production from LB, early every year a couple of guys will put up numbers, some fade away and some keep it up all season. Just need to grab those guys early and see who keeps it up all year.

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:54 am

People still have him as a top 10 LB in their rankings, but many have dropped him waaaay down. The truth is somewhere in the middle but I'll probably move on from him this offseason as well.