Who helped/hurt themselves at the Combine?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Who helped/hurt themselves at the Combine?

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Did any defensive players jump out at you with their NFL Combine results and move up your rankings at all? Did anyone fall in your rankings because of a poor showing?

Might be a little cliche at this point, but I'll throw Shaquem Griffin out there as a guy I will keep a close eye on now. I saw a couple UCF games this year and thought he looked pretty good, but that 40 time was something else. Leading UCF in sacks the last two years is pretty solid too.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Who helped/hurt themselves at the Combine?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:32 pm

I'll focus on guys who actually matter, rather than pure workout warriors like Leon Jacobs and that white boy who broke the combine.

Harold Landry did as an edge rusher what Nick Chubb did as a RB. Reclaimed his rightful spot as one of the best in this class, and with elite athleticism.

Marcus Davenport looks really athletic, but that's highly deceptive. Other than running fast in a straight line, he wasn't very impressive, and that's ALL we were banking on him to be - he needed to be Clowney-esque. We already knew he was super raw and not very productive (even playing against no-name competition), but we at least figured he would demolish the combine. He did not.

Josh Sweat went from day 3 or even UDFA to day 2.

Holy crap Lorenzo Carter. Another super raw guy, but probably tested himself into the first round. He doesn't quite have a position though.

Tim Settle went from day 2 to UDFA.

Taven Bryan was good in the 40, but great overall. He might replace Mo Hurst in the first round.

The linebackers were pretty impressive almost across the board.

Vander Esch & Edmunds were expected to be super athletic but they definitely fulfilled expectations.

Jefferson did what we knew he would do.

I love Christian Sam and he did well. Not super fast, but not too slow either. Great weight, great bench, and didn't embarrass himself at all.

Mike McCray did MUCH better than I expected. He has a chance to be this draft's Kendell Beckwith.

If y'all read what I wrote last fall, you know I fell hard & fast for Matthew Thomas. He was my LB1 preseason. And boy did he FALL during the year. He was set to be an UDFA. But, the man broke the combine, and he probably earned a solid Day 3 selection.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)