Josh Jones

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Josh Jones

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Dyno_7 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:47 pm Received a trade offer for Josh Jones.

The guy proposing the trade was ahead of me in the waiver order this week and picked up Jones. He asked if I'd be open to trading him Chris Carson for Jones straight up.

I picked up Chris Carson for free on waivers and I'm not sure what his ceiling is, or where he fits on my team other than a stash. I'm 3-0 and firing on all cyclinders right now, so I don't feel like I need to make any moves even though I like Jones and had him on my watch list.

How close of an offer is this? Should I counter by asking him to throw in a pick? Or, since both were waiver finds, do we agree not to get greedy and trade them straight up?
Carson >> Jones

We don't know what either of these guys will be....Carson could be a feature back or he could be the next Rawls and fizzle out. Either way, Carson's upside is far more difficult to find in fantasy football than what Jones' is. I don't even think the two are close in value honestly.

Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Josh Jones

Postby Dyno_7 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:27 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:11 pm
Dyno_7 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:47 pm Received a trade offer for Josh Jones.

The guy proposing the trade was ahead of me in the waiver order this week and picked up Jones. He asked if I'd be open to trading him Chris Carson for Jones straight up.

I picked up Chris Carson for free on waivers and I'm not sure what his ceiling is, or where he fits on my team other than a stash. I'm 3-0 and firing on all cyclinders right now, so I don't feel like I need to make any moves even though I like Jones and had him on my watch list.

How close of an offer is this? Should I counter by asking him to throw in a pick? Or, since both were waiver finds, do we agree not to get greedy and trade them straight up?
Carson >> Jones

We don't know what either of these guys will be....Carson could be a feature back or he could be the next Rawls and fizzle out. Either way, Carson's upside is far more difficult to find in fantasy football than what Jones' is. I don't even think the two are close in value honestly.
My gut agrees 100% with you. It's just been a few weeks since I've been in the forums, so I haven't had a chance to really gauge everyone's opinion of Carson yet. First impression has been really impressive given the Seahawks O-line woes.

Traditionally, a starting RB >>> starting DB so I told the guy offering I was holding Carson for something else like a draft pick, or other offensive player.

Either way, I wanted to see a second sample of Jones before I did anything.
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.