How am I doing?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

How am I doing?

Postby motherlode » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Im not one to ask for a ton of help, i tend to like to make decisions on my own, and then ask for critique. I think i learn better from making my own mistakes. But im a bit overwhelmed by taking over an orphan and jumping into dynasty IDP with both feet this season. I think overall the IDP portion of my team is not too bad, but im always looking to make improvements. We have our one and only preseason waiver wire opportunity coming up on Wednesday and i dont want to miss out on any unclaimed gems. I am going to have 4-5 roster spaces open (not necessarily all for IDP)

League is 12 teams 40 man rosters

Start 9 offensive players plus 2 DL, 2 DB, 3 LB and a IDP flex.

I would consider my team as closer to rebuilding than to contending.

IDP scoring

1 point for every Assisted Tackle DB, DL, LB
2 points for every Solo Tackle DB, LB
3 points for every Solo Tackle DL

1 point for every Interception DB
2 points for every Interception LB
3 points for every Interception DL

2 points for every Sack DL
3 points for every Sack LB
4 points for every Sack DB

4 points for every Fumble Forced ALL
3 points for every Fumble Recovered ALL

4 points for every Safety ALL

8 points for every Defensive TD ALL

3 points for every Blocked Kick ALL

1 point for every Pass Defended DB, LB
2 points for every Pass Defended DL,

Current Roster numbers in () are where i drafted them. I inherited everyone else.

DL: Dannielle Hunter, Fletcher Cox, Stephon Tuitt

LB: Reuben Foster (1.10), Jarad Davis (2.02), Jerrell Freeman (5.04), BJ Goodson (6.04), Tahir Whitehead, Donte Hightower, Reggie Ragland

DB: Keanu Neal, Harrison Smith, Haha Clinton Dix, Vonn Bell

Anyway, i just thought i'd toss this out there, and see what the experts say. Im mostly interested in the value of my end of roster guys....Tuitt, Bell, Hightower and Ragland. But all constructive criticism will be accepted. I know now that i probably oveerdrafted Foster and Davis, but its over and done so no point crying about it. I think there are some names ive seen in this forum that are available on the ww (plus some rookies in parenthesis):

DL: Kyle Williams, Akiem Hicks, Manny Ogbah, Mario Addison, (Jonthan Allen, Taco Charleton)

LB: Craig Robertson, David Harris, Korey Toomer, Ramik Wilson, Ramon Humber, Cory James, Nick Vigil, ( Marquel Lee, Alex Anazalone)

DB: Keith Tandy, Tavon Wilson, Trae Wayans, Dontae Johnson, Marcus Cooper (Obi Melifonwu, Budda Baker)

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: How am I doing?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:36 pm

That's not a bad squad!

In this format, I wouldn't mess with some of the bigger name DL prospects like Charlton and J. Allen. They're not going to be a big producers this year and even if they develop into fantasy starters in the next couple years, your scoring & lineup settings don't justify stashing an IDP for that long. I'd go for A. Hicks, Ogbah, K. Williams, and then Addison. They're all kind of in that DL3 territory.

As for LB on the waivers, I would go for Humber, Vigil, C. James, Toomer, Harris, Anzalone in that order.

DBs: I was a big pusher of Tandy's stock this off-season but was disappointed to see them grab Evans in the draft, and I was REALLY disappointed when they signed TJ Ward. At best, Tandy is their starting FS, at worst he's a backup. Either way, he's not worth owning in that format.
Tavon Wilson has produced at a very efficient rate so he might be worth a snag. Be wary though, he wasn't playing every snap last season and some people speculate he will lose his starting spot this year. No way of knowing until the games start.
Budda Baker is a baller, but probably not a must own in that format.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Quint
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Quint » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:16 pm

That is some interesting scoring for the IDPs. Don't think I would partake in a league the scores like that. That said, your core set of players is solid for sure. I tend to only carry the minimum IDPs I need to fill my roster each week. I would rather stock pile offensive talent with upside. There is always IDPs available that can help you during the season if need be, much fewer offensive players that could make a difference on the wire.

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:40 am

Quint wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:16 pm That is some interesting scoring for the IDPs. Don't think I would partake in a league the scores like that. That said, your core set of players is solid for sure. I tend to only carry the minimum IDPs I need to fill my roster each week. I would rather stock pile offensive talent with upside. There is always IDPs available that can help you during the season if need be, much fewer offensive players that could make a difference on the wire.
If i may ask what is it about this scoring system that turns you off?

If you dont like the IDP scoring, you'll probably hate the offensive scoring. Its a superflex, rb premium (0.2 points per carry) league that also suppresses receiver scoring by only giving 1 point for every 15 receiving yards. :crazy: I tend to look for leagues with different scoring systems. Im not interested in playing a whole bunch of copycat leagues. The thing that drew me to this league is that top DB's and LB's score on par with top WR and RB (15-20 ppg with 3-4 outlier RBs that score 25 ppg or so), and DL score on par with TE (12-15 ppg).

I played in a couple of redraft IDP leagues a few years back that only started 1 DL, 1 LB and 1 DB. Like you said, the waiver wire was chock full of startable players and rostering more that the bare minimum was not necessary. Furthermore, the scoring for IDPs was minimal, and a player had to have a ridiculously productive day to have any real impact on the final outcome.

I found the experience to be like starting three extra kickers every week. Very boring, and random, and more of a hassle than it was worth.

Wolfepack28
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wolfepack28 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:48 am

I prefer having specific positions like DE, DT and CB, S so everyone is utilized but I think the scoring for this lineup format is pretty good.

That said, I think you put together a solid defensive squad with your picks.