Help with my draft pick

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Help with my draft pick

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:48 am

Round 3, pick 35 overall. 10 team ppr + return yards, tackle heavy, 47 man rosters with 5 IR spots. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 flex (rb/wr/te), 2 DL, 3LB, 2 DB, 1 def Flex, 1 kicker.

My biggest concern is QB as I currently have Eli and Bradford (and tannihill on IR) and I have contacted 4 other owners about getting one of their QB's and nothing worked out (the Luck and Brandy owner wanted A. Cooper and Eli for Brady...); and I feel very good about my WR group (A. Cooper, Watkins, Diggs, Snead, J. Matt, Maclin, Docson, Lockette).
RB: McCoy, Mixon, Gore, Rawls, McFadden, C. West, D. Foreman
DL I have Hunter, Flowers, Noah Spence, Clowney
LB: Bowman, Collins, Shazier, Sean Lee, D Campbell, Jaylon Smith, A Williamson

So far, with 2 picks to go before my 3rd round pick, no QB's have been taken. I don't have a 4th round pick (7 total rounds) so another 20 picks before I go again. Who would you take from the following guys:

Hasson Reddick (Jarrad Davis and Foster have been drafted already, no other LB have been taken but Reddick is the 3rd best option, right?)
Derek Barnett
Mahomes
Mitchell Trubisky (Chicago based league and I am a Bears fan)
Curtis Samuel
Taywan Taylor
Samaje Perine
Jamaal Williams

Sorry for the long post, if I had a 4th I would have not even made the post but most/all of these guys will be gone by my next pick. If you can name your top 2-3 guys please do. Thanks!

dodgernoot
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Help with my draft pick

Postby dodgernoot » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:00 am

Samuel > Taylor
Williams >> Perine
Mahomes and Trubisky about equal IMO

When it comes past the top tier guys I tend to go need or "like" over BPA if its close.

Gore has less and less fantasy relevance every day. West has very little fantasy value. McFadden will have very little after Zeke returns and from what I was hearing this morning it looks like it might be less than the 6 games.

So with that you'll probably need a RB more than a WR. I would rank them Williams, Samuel, Perine, Taylor.

Since you can only start 1 QB I wouldn't stress that position. Unless the scoring is heavily skewed to Passing TD.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Help with my draft pick

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks. The draft went Reddick, Perine, and I grabbed J Williams.