Milloy or Chancellor?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Milloy or Chancellor?

Postby Scorp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Need a backup DB, hoping for tackles like Babineaux had during his career as the SS in Seatle, considering Seattle doesn't have much of a pass-rush, or defensive line, most RB's will probably break through to the second level making whoever plays at the safety position a nice grab for tackles. Or should I just go pick up Charles Tillman, Chicago, one of the most targetted corners in the league? thoughts on which DB to go after of these 3?

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Milloy or Chancellor?

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Milloy is entrenched for this season as Seattle's starting SS. Milloy is definitely the best bet for tackle numbers in the Seahawks secondary.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Milloy sucks in coverage. He'll get some tackles, but I doubt he makes it long as an every down player (or it will prove that the Seatle coaching staff has their head up their __). He should be a guy who's only in there on running downs. When Carrol's love for previous players wears off, he'll see that Milloy is lost in passing situations and liekly being targeted by opposing Qb's. Rookie who is still learning on one side and a guy who can't cover on the other isn't a great safety duo.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:41 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:Milloy sucks in coverage. He'll get some tackles, but I doubt he makes it long as an every down player (or it will prove that the Seatle coaching staff has their head up their __). He should be a guy who's only in there on running downs. When Carrol's love for previous players wears off, he'll see that Milloy is lost in passing situations and liekly being targeted by opposing Qb's. Rookie who is still learning on one side and a guy who can't cover on the other isn't a great safety duo.
While some of that is true, the scheme Seattle is running is designed to 'protect' the SS through it's coverages. The coaching staff knows what his limitations are. That's a good thing, because Milloy shouldn't be covering. He'll be in there to lay the wood. The re-signing of S Jordan Babineaux could definitely take Milloy off the field in many passing downs.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:05 am

Offensive coordinaters can scheme to pick on any player they want in a game by the routes that are dictated to be run. There is no protecting a guy if a good offense wants to pick on a certain player they think is a liability.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:09 am

To answer the OP's question, I wouldn't limit myself to replacing Babineaux with another Seattle DB. If Tillman is available on the wire, there might be some others worth considering.

When Tillman is healthy, he's a good DB to have in fantasy. And with the passing games in the NFC North ( Rodgers, Favre and now Stafford )... you could do worse.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Also note that TIllman is playing on the opposite side this year then what he has previously played with the Bears. The Bears moved him from lt CB to rt CB, so everything he has done for years is reversed and he'll typically be on the lesser WR now instead of the other teams WR1. I believe Bowman took Tillman's spot in the starting D on the lt side, so there is some question as to how those numbers will pan out.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:18 am

MR ROURKE wrote:Also note that TIllman is playing on the opposite side this year then what he has previously played with the Bears. The Bears moved him from lt CB to rt CB, so everything he has done for years is reversed and he'll typically be on the lesser WR now instead of the other teams WR1. I believe Bowman took Tillman's spot in the starting D on the lt side, so there is some question as to how those numbers will pan out.
It was this move that dictated my decision to drop him to waivers, and look elsewhere. I've picked up Milloy, in hopes that the Seattle secondary is bad enough to get opposing runningbacks past the LB's allowing for more tackles from the safety position. I'd rather have Earl Thomas, but I'll definately be keeping a close eye on Tillman, or other options for the backup position. Thanks for the discussion regarding Milloy.