Everson Griffen

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
sms
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Everson Griffen

Postby sms » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 pm

I would like to pry Juju away from his current team. Currently I'm considering proposing a trade of Everson Griffen for Juju. I usually don't use Everson, since I own Hunter and have Donald, Calais and Chris Jones too. I think Griffen is too much on his own to give for Juju. What else should I look to get back to even out the sides? Juju would not start for me. He would be more depth at a position where I'm pretty good. This is a full squad IDP league with balanced scoring.

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Everson Griffen

Postby DDT » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:30 pm

You would have to add a piece to Griffen to get Juju from me.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 am

Without the league specs, I'm going to make a bold statement that I'd rather have Griffen in my lineup than Donald... until I see something from Donald in his new scheme. I think you're probably right: JuJu plus a throw-in is what I'd want for Griffen. However, you are buying JuJu here, so you may have to meet the seller at his price.

I'd see how he feels about Calais Campbell. I'm not totally sold on Campbell's fit at big end in JAX. At his age, you're probably looking at closer value to young JuJu - the USC receiver to challenge the mold.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

charleschillffb
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby charleschillffb » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:01 am

Unless the scoring is vastly slanted toward sacks or it's incredibly shallow, give me JuJu over Griffen any day. Griffen is a nice player, but there are a lot of mouths to feed on that Minnesota defense and it's much tougher to acquire the WR once he shows something. If you believe that much, try it straight up. Would be worth it for a team who is contending and doesn't need Juju, but wants an upgrade at DE. Again, depends on scoring.

sms
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby sms » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:14 pm

I did try the straight up approach and was turned down. Juju would be a depth guy. The other coach is guy who was not contending but needed a good DE upgrade. He shot back Juju for Hunter and I obviously didn't take it.