Rookie draft

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Rookie draft

Postby Pantherbro13 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:35 am

Loaded up on IDPs in the draft and with UDFAs afterwards. I drafted Myles Garrett at 2.12, Solomon Thomas at 3.8, Raekwon McMillon at 4.2 and Jabrill Peppers at 4.9. Scooped up Shaq Lawson, Charles Harris, Taco Charlton, Budda Baker and Eddie Jackson off the waiver after the draft. Bummer of the draft was Zach Cunningham going at 3.7. Jamal Adams, Jarrad Davis and Reuben Foster were all off the board by 2.8.

So I am allowed 50 players + IR + TS (3) in the offseason. By start of regular season we have to cut down to 40. Start 2-3 DL, 3-4 LB and 4-5 DBs. I am keeping all my draft picks on my 40, especially since I get return yardage and Peppers is going to be an asset. Opinions on Lawson, Harris, Charlton, Baker and Jackson? Not all these guys are going to make my team but I like the situations all four of those guys are in.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Samaje Perine/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Cole Holcomb/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Dugger/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Hamilton/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rookie draft

Postby bruiser » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 am

Rookie linemen are rare producers. I would stash them on taxi if you have room.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:02 pm

dlf_bruiser wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 am Rookie linemen are rare producers. I would stash them on taxi if you have room.
I usually think the same but Garrett, Thomas and Carlton will be seeing tons of snaps. Harris may be a bit more limited since the Dolphins already had a decent pass rush. FWIW Harris is on my TS right now.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Samaje Perine/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Cole Holcomb/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Dugger/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Hamilton/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Let the hype build on some of these guys and then trade them for future picks instead of cutting...youll just have to be patient.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:06 am

With the news of Misi's injury/retirement we are pretty much guaranteed that Raekwon will be a starter so it should be fantastic value for you at 4.02.

I agree with Bruiser, most DLs need time to transition to the NFL whereas LBs can be productive from day one, so I'll typically leave higher end LBs on my active roster and prioritize late round LBs and DEs (from any round) on my taxi squads. Sure, based on the quality of my other DEs I'll often have some high-end rookie DEs on my active roster, but I typically don't expect them to be very productive in their rookie seasons.

I would probably put Lawson, Harris and Charlton on taxi, but putting players on taxi is also about protecting players from cut-downs and I'm not sure at this point if Lawson is worthy of being protected on your taxi. If he ends up being a rotational pass-rushing SAM he might not belong in your 40+3 best assets. There's been some talk about him playing SAM in base, but...I don't know about that and I don't know if that is going to be a productive role anyways...you should follow his training camp very closely to see how they're using him.