Which IDPs to target?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Which IDPs to target?

Postby Pantherbro13 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Team in sig below. Points for the league are tackle=2 points, assist=1 point, sack=3 points, interception= 4 points, interception yards=1 point per 10 yards, forced fumble=2 points, fumble recovery=2 points, fumble return yards=1 point per 10 yards, pass deflection=2 points and defensive TDs=6 points.

I have picks 4.2 and 4.9 that I want to add to my IDPs. I'll likely miss out on Adams, Garrett, Foster and Davis. Ideally I could get a DL and DB with the two picks. Thought about looking at LBs but I have young guys in Shaq Thompson and Blake Martinez that will get larger roles with more experience. As for the targets...Solomon Thomas? Malik Hooker? Barnett? Peppers? Who do you like in my draft range?
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Samaje Perine/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Cole Holcomb/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Dugger/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Hamilton/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Which IDPs to target?

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:35 am

Pantherbro13 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:25 pm Team in sig below. Points for the league are tackle=2 points, assist=1 point, sack=3 points, interception= 4 points, interception yards=1 point per 10 yards, forced fumble=2 points, fumble recovery=2 points, fumble return yards=1 point per 10 yards, pass deflection=2 points and defensive TDs=6 points.

I have picks 4.2 and 4.9 that I want to add to my IDPs. I'll likely miss out on Adams, Garrett, Foster and Davis. Ideally I could get a DL and DB with the two picks. Thought about looking at LBs but I have young guys in Shaq Thompson and Blake Martinez that will get larger roles with more experience. As for the targets...Solomon Thomas? Malik Hooker? Barnett? Peppers? Who do you like in my draft range?
I wouldn't be feeling super deep at LB if I were you. Wagner is a stud but behind him you don't have any top dyno LBs for the longer term that you know you can count on. Given that your scoring is tackle heavy and you're starting 4 LBs I would try to load up on LBs by going after Reddick and Cunningham. Reddick looks to be in line to start the season in a Benardrick McKinney type role, playing inside on early downs but also being used quite a bit to blitz. To me there is some questions regarding what his long term seasonal outlook is when Bucannon returns to the starting lineup, and some uncertainty about what they see as his long term role, so I often find myself missing out on him as other owners don't seem to share these concerns and are drafting him in the third.

Cunningham is a bit lighter than how the Texans typically like their LBs so he might need to bulk up before he's given a starting role, but Cunningham is the PERFECT every-down LB profile so whether or not he beats out Cushing this season (or Cushing beats out himself forcing Cunningham into action) I love him long term. If one of them are gone at 4.09 I quite like Thomas or Barnett for you, if you don't want to go offense with the picks, but in this draft you can also land exciting DEs in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds.

Stay away from Hooker, he's going to play too far away from the line of scrimmage to have a role that is productive for IDP. You shouldn't consider him until really late in the draft, I'm passing on him in the 6th round.

I like Raekwon McMillan a lot in the 5th round and I'd be okay with him at 4.09 if you miss out on Reddick and Cunningham. I think many expected right after the draft that MIA was too loaded at LB and that McMillan would take a longer route to playing time, with him being only 20 years old and all, but they've been giving him first team snaps at all LB positions in OTAs - throwing him right into it. I think there's a pretty good chance he ends up playing starting MIKE and that he's an every down LB alongside Alonso by mid-season. Worst case they end up playing Misi over him in base and Timmons is the every-down guy, but the opportunity is there and how he was used in OTAs was very promising and far exceeded my expectations.

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:45 am

Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:35 am
Pantherbro13 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:25 pm Team in sig below. Points for the league are tackle=2 points, assist=1 point, sack=3 points, interception= 4 points, interception yards=1 point per 10 yards, forced fumble=2 points, fumble recovery=2 points, fumble return yards=1 point per 10 yards, pass deflection=2 points and defensive TDs=6 points.

I wouldn't be feeling super deep at LB if I were you. Wagner is a stud but behind him you don't have any top dyno LBs for the longer term that you know you can count on. Given that your scoring is tackle heavy and you're starting 4 LBs I would try to load up on LBs by going after Reddick and Cunningham. Reddick looks to be in line to start the season in a Benardrick McKinney type role, playing inside on early downs but also being used quite a bit to blitz. To me there is some questions regarding what his long term seasonal outlook is when Bucannon returns to the starting lineup, and some uncertainty about what they see as his long term role, so I often find myself missing out on him as other owners don't seem to share these concerns and are drafting him in the third.

Cunningham is a bit lighter than how the Texans typically like their LBs so he might need to bulk up before he's given a starting role, but Cunningham is the PERFECT every-down LB profile so whether or not he beats out Cushing this season (or Cushing beats out himself forcing Cunningham into action) I love him long term. If one of them are gone at 4.09 I quite like Thomas or Barnett for you, if you don't want to go offense with the picks, but in this draft you can also land exciting DEs in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds.

Stay away from Hooker, he's going to play too far away from the line of scrimmage to have a role that is productive for IDP. You shouldn't consider him until really late in the draft, I'm passing on him in the 6th round.

I like Raekwon McMillan a lot in the 5th round and I'd be okay with him at 4.09 if you miss out on Reddick and Cunningham. I think many expected right after the draft that MIA was too loaded at LB and that McMillan would take a longer route to playing time, with him being only 20 years old and all, but they've been giving him first team snaps at all LB positions in OTAs - throwing him right into it. I think there's a pretty good chance he ends up playing starting MIKE and that he's an every down LB alongside Alonso by mid-season. Worst case they end up playing Misi over him in base and Timmons is the every-down guy, but the opportunity is there and how he was used in OTAs was very promising and far exceeded my expectations.
Appreciate the feedback! I'm expecting Cunningham and Reddick to both go in the 3rd. If either last until 4th I'll take one. How about Peppers with 4.9? I would get return yardage out of him as well. I'm strictly going defense with both 4.2 and 4.9 I'm going all offense in first round, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.6. Thomas and Barnett intrigue me, I definitely need someone with good potential on my DL maybe even two. I am comfortable with my LB situation than I am with my DL situation or even DBs so that's why I was trying to add those positions instead of LB. Especially if all 4 of the LBs I'd be interested spending the picks on will likely be gone. If I can trade for an additional third rounder for cheap maybe I can be somewhat happy. Wagner, Jones and Short are studs in the league for their positions. Like Shaq Thompson to replace Thomas Davis full time as nickel LB next to Kuechly in 2018. Blake Martinez is promising as well if he can stay healthy. I like Leonard Floyd a lot but not at LB. May taxi squad him for the year and hope he gets designated as a DE next offseason, that would be a huge help. I recently traded away Tahir Whitehead and Jerrell Freeman at LB so I am more thin than I was last week.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Samaje Perine/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Cole Holcomb/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Dugger/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Hamilton/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:55 am

In my leagues Peppers has typically gone in the Cunningham-Reddick range, but if you can grab him in the 4th it should be pretty good value. In my opinion Peppers isn't the clear-cut in the box strong safety prospect that Neal or Collins was, but in the 4th I'd be happy to take a shot at him if it's a league where I can start 3 or more DBs - which you clearly are.

If Cunningham, Reddick and Peppers all go in the third it's Thomas and Barnett who are typically up next. Your settings don't seem to favor DLs, only starting 2 DLs and with sacks only being scored 1.5 x tackles, but both of these guys are great talents and values in the 4th.

Yeah, a lot of guys are fired up over Shaq, and probably rightfully so, but we're basing that a lot on projections and he's not a sure thing - he's still an unknown. I wouldn't be comfortable having to count on him as my LB2 for the future. Minter and Foster have unclear roles already this season (with CIN not being a great spot for LB production if you're not named Burfict and WAS adding Zach Brown to the mix), Davis has to be on his last legs, and Blake Martinez is still struggling to convince me that he's not a replacement level talent. But I mean, you're okay. You might get a spot starter out of AJ Klein as well and you've got a platoon of guys where some of them for sure will work out, so I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's not like I look at your LBs and get super excited for the future. :-) I've seen more impressive LB squads so if I were you I'd keep adding talent and hope some combination of them turn out to be solid every-down guys for next year and beyond, whether that is Martinez, Shaq, Raekwon or any other young LB you land. Considering that you score 2 pts per tackle and you're starting 4 LBs I would try to hammer that position and make sure that LB is not going to ever become a weakness. In comparison finding 2 DLs to start in a 12 team league should be easy.

Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dyno_7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Tough round to gauge. If guys like Reddick, Cunningham, and Peppers are off the board, the next best ones in line won't likely start until 2018. Justin Evans could start in Tampa as a rookie as will Marcus Maye in NYJ. Keep an eye on Xavier Woods too. He might push Jones for that SS spot. Marquel Lee and Jalen Reeves-Maybin might be your best bets if the other rookies are gone. Blair Brown could be a solid LB if Telvin Smith leaves Jax in '18. Duke Riley may find his way to Atl's WLB, but that's if Campbell hasn't improved. Good luck!
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.

ChickenBeaks
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChickenBeaks » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:56 am

I am drinking the Carl Lawson Kool-Aid. I looked high and low and found that they are trying to use him at LB on 1st and 2nd down, and run him at DE on passing downs. I think there's opportunity there, I drafted him in the 8th. All he has in front of him is Nick Vigil
12 Team, PPR
1 Q, 1-2 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-2 TE, K, 1-2 DT, 2 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB, 2-3 S
Q- Carr, Flacco, Allen
R- Freeman, Guice, L. Miller, Hyde, T.Mont, Foreman, Bredia
W- Hopkins, Cooper, Cobb, Moncrief, Martavis, R.Anderson, TreQuan, J'Mon
T- Kelce, H.Henry, Burton
K- CButker
DT- F. Cox, K. Clark
DE- F. Clark, B. Graham, Golden, Irvin, Takk, C.Harris
LB- J.Houston, Barr, Kerrigan, Judon, B. Martinez
C- Trufant, J. Mills, Tre'Davious
S- Ha-Ha, K. Joseph, Addae, J.Jones

24 Team Devy - 1 Copy
1 Q, 2-4 RB, 2-4 WR, 2-4 TE, 1-3 DT, 1-3 DE, 3-5 LB, 1-3 CB, 1-3 S
Q-Winston, J.Allen, Garoppolo
R-Mixon, J.Williams, A.Jones, J.Jackson, Hines
W-Hilton, P.Richardson, Hurns, Kearse, Gallup, J'Mon, St. Brown, Stuff
TE-OJ, Jonnu, Watson, Stuff
D-Irving, Reader, Hand
DE-Beasley, Barnett, Dunlap, Hughes, Golden
LB-Bradham, L.Floyd, Hitchens, Longacre, A.Williamson
DB-Lattimore, MCCourty, Mitchell, D.Johnson, Trufant, Jaire
S-Derwin,M.Williams, Hooker, Harrison, Reid, Weddle, Berry

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Cincy rookies are on the no-fly list. Travel ban in effect on them.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:57 am

ChickenBeaks wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:56 am I am drinking the Carl Lawson Kool-Aid. I looked high and low and found that they are trying to use him at LB on 1st and 2nd down, and run him at DE on passing downs. I think there's opportunity there, I drafted him in the 8th. All he has in front of him is Nick Vigil
That might be attractive if he was a DE, but he's a LB on MFL so that's the worst of both worlds. No thanks.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 am

Bruiser wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:09 pm Cincy rookies are on the no-fly list. Travel ban in effect on them.
:lol: Bruiser gets it... It's cause every year we get excited about a CINCY LB only to be hitting a brick wall again and again :wall:

charleschillffb
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby charleschillffb » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:10 am

Duke Riley.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:46 am

Pantherbro13 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:25 pm I have picks 4.2 and 4.9 that I want to add to my IDPs. I'll likely miss out on Adams, Garrett, Foster and Davis. Ideally I could get a DL and DB with the two picks. Thought about looking at LBs but I have young guys in Shaq Thompson and Blake Martinez that will get larger roles with more experience. As for the targets...Solomon Thomas? Malik Hooker? Barnett? Peppers? Who do you like in my draft range?
I like Nate Gerry as a late round flier. I have him on every squad. Even grabbed him on waivers after 112 rookie picks.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.