Rankings breakdown

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
bubbamsu
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Rankings breakdown

Postby bubbamsu » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:34 am

Is there a breakdown of IDP position rankings that separates DT,DE,LB,CB,S on DLF?

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Re: Rankings breakdown

Postby dlf_tomk » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:53 am

There's not at the moment.

But I'm arguing hard for it given I only play in IDP leagues where DT and CB are broken out.

If anyone else feels the same way please pipe up and I can take the tide of opinion to The Bosses
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:00 am

Would love a separate DT, DE, CB, S breakdown. We've seen a couple threads asking about DT rankings already
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

nyterp
Starter
Starter

Postby nyterp » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:04 am

I would appreciate this as well. My IDP league breaks out DT and CB and I am required to start at least one of each so it would be helpful to me as an IDP newbie.
rosterwars.forumotion.com - IDP/Contract league discussion board. Come check us out!

IDP/Contract - Charm City Justice

Superflex - Chernobyl Toxins

bubbamsu
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bubbamsu » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:48 am

It would be an awesome addition to the site.

I play in a DT, DE, LB, CB, S league and would appreciate a deeper breakdown of the positions. At the current ranking system, we do not get a good sense of the middle or lower tiers values of players, especially in the DT and CB positions.

Thanks

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:08 am

I'm all for it but am not sure if it's worth the extra effort, particularly at CB. It would seem that the extra time that it would take to do expanded rankings might be better served providing additional weekly information -- such as recommendations on streaming CBs or potential pickups.

Now, the one thing that might be helpful is rankings broken down based on tackle heavy v. big play scoring.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:36 am

I'm now in two leagues that separate DT/CB so this would be invaluable.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:03 am

DDT wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:08 am I'm all for it but am not sure if it's worth the extra effort, particularly at CB. It would seem that the extra time that it would take to do expanded rankings might be better served providing additional weekly information -- such as recommendations on streaming CBs or potential pickups.

Now, the one thing that might be helpful is rankings broken down based on tackle heavy v. big play scoring.
Regarding CBs, I totally agree with this right here.

There is no way to rank CBs in any sort of order and honestly think that the number 8 guy is much more likely to be a stud than the number 32 guy.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:50 am

I play in leagues where 32 CBs are in starting lineups each week. I typically shun researching CB, and I'd love to just take guided advice on which ones are worth scooping up in September.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:21 pm

DDT wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:08 am I'm all for it but am not sure if it's worth the extra effort, particularly at CB. It would seem that the extra time that it would take to do expanded rankings might be better served providing additional weekly information -- such as recommendations on streaming CBs or potential pickups.

Not a premium member, but if I were, I'd really push for this.
The standard is the standard.

sms
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby sms » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Bruiser wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:50 am I play in leagues where 32 CBs are in starting lineups each week. I typically shun researching CB, and I'd love to just take guided advice on which ones are worth scooping up in September.
The main reason I joined DLF was for the IDP content broken down for each position. I have asked on the forums a few times to bring back the DE, DT, LB, S and CB designations with rankings.

For the record my money is still well spent on the content I get now. But I really want the old IDP breakdown back.

berserkers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby berserkers » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 pm

I would love to see CB and DT rankings too.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:35 pm

sms wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:31 pm
Bruiser wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:50 am I play in leagues where 32 CBs are in starting lineups each week. I typically shun researching CB, and I'd love to just take guided advice on which ones are worth scooping up in September.
The main reason I joined DLF was for the IDP content broken down for each position. I have asked on the forums a few times to bring back the DE, DT, LB, S and CB designations with rankings.

For the record my money is still well spent on the content I get now. But I really want the old IDP breakdown back.
Yeah, I voiced the same request to DLF in December '15, along with some other issues I had with DLF IDP rankings (like cutting down to top 25) and got a very forthcoming and honest response from Ken Moody saying that they were working to improve their IDP rankings.

DT rankings are a must to me, but there's nothing wrong with CB rankings as long as they are done the "right" way with focus on short term situation. It's not a dynasty position, it's a short term thing, so it would be great to get a good CB ranking focused on the short term so there is less need to do the leg work by one self. E.g. analysing role and season schedule to see who is likely to be IDP producers.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:35 pm
Yeah, I voiced the same request to DLF in December '15, along with some other issues I had with DLF IDP rankings (like cutting down to top 25) and got a very forthcoming and honest response from Ken Moody saying that they were working to improve their IDP rankings.

DT rankings are a must to me, but there's nothing wrong with CB rankings as long as they are done the "right" way with focus on short term situation. It's not a dynasty position, it's a short term thing, so it would be great to get a good CB ranking focused on the short term so there is less need to do the leg work by one self. E.g. analysing role and season schedule to see who is likely to be IDP producers.
Dude, we seem to usually beat the same drum. I've been dropping hints on twitter for DT rankings, too. CB investments are always short-term to me... usually week-to-week. I love just taking the sound advice of others there.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:30 pm

Id also love dt de lb cb s rankings, the majoriry of my dynasties require starters from each. While fairly easy to find in my single 12 team, for my 16 amd 32 team leagues this would be a welcome addition
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)