LA Charger Safety Position

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

LA Charger Safety Position

Postby dawgs4life » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:23 am

So there are a lot of bodies there in camp for 2 safety spots. SD safeties have been good point scorers in the past.
incumbents are Addae and Lowery
new guys are Tre Boston, Rayshawn Jenkins, and Desmond King, and Adrian Phillips (a cup of coffee last year)
I know this is a new scheme but Who will be the starters and at what position? FS or SS?

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: LA Charger Safety Position

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:52 pm

They're going from more of a cover 2 interchangeable safeties scheme to a single high defense so the SS position got a lot more attractive and the FS role is probably not going to be interesting for IDP. Lowery will be free safety and Addae the strong safety to start the year.

I REALLY like Addae short term as he's fast and furious and should fit Bradley's strong safety role very well for IDP production. Think Jonathan Cyprien. However, some fans are certainly getting tired of Addae's shenanigans and I'm not sure if their front office view him as a long term guy there. The problem with him is that he can be a little 2 fast 2 furious which leads to head hunting, injuries (perhaps because he only weighs 195), and some missed tackles because he always wants to get that big hit. They signed him to a 4 year $22 million contract in March but it's essentially a 2 year deal for $11 million or a 1 year deal for $8.5 million.

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/1 ... ll-anymore

Long term I'm intrigued by Rayshawn Jenkins for IDP. He's a strong safety and a pretty talented one, and I expect that we'll get some flashes this year in some three safety packages. Athletically he's much more intriguing than Addae who is 5'10" 195 lbs whereas Jenkins is 6'1" 214 lbs and ultra athletic; 4.51 forty and a 37" vert. Jenkins is a prototype big rangy enforcer. The question mark is his instincts and play speed in order to translate his athleticism to the field, but to me he's an exciting stash in deep leagues.

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Couldn't agree more Addae for 2017, Jenkins for 2018 +

Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dyno_7 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Death_From_Above wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 pm Couldn't agree more Addae for 2017, Jenkins for 2018 +
Agree x's 3. Addae will put up some excellent numbers this year. Enough to where LAC could trade him if Jenkins is ready to roll in 2018. Scheme is GREAT for SS's.
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.

boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby boobam13 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:30 pm

nailed it
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-