Burfict's value

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Burfict's value

Postby zelldawg26 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:22 pm

I have a chance to acquire Vontaze Burfict. I owned him during his ridiculous tackle production during the 6 or 7 games he played last year but had to drop him due to roster cuts. I know this guy is always either injured or getting into trouble, but I'm sorry, he is an assassin on the field. His tackle production is absurd when he is out there and healthy. Just a couple of questions regarding him.

1. Do you think he can sustain anywhere near the same amount of tackles he had in the past when it comes to this coming season?
2. He is labeled as an OLB which I thought he was an MLB before. Did he get moved around?
3. Will Paul Dawson eat into his workload on the field and cut into his tackle production?
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Burfict's value

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm

zelldawg26 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:22 pm I have a chance to acquire Vontaze Burfict. I owned him during his ridiculous tackle production during the 6 or 7 games he played last year but had to drop him due to roster cuts. I know this guy is always either injured or getting into trouble, but I'm sorry, he is an assassin on the field. His tackle production is absurd when he is out there and healthy. Just a couple of questions regarding him.

1. Do you think he can sustain anywhere near the same amount of tackles he had in the past when it comes to this coming season?
2. He is labeled as an OLB which I thought he was an MLB before. Did he get moved around?
3. Will Paul Dawson eat into his workload on the field and cut into his tackle production?
Burfict is the heart and soul of the Bengals defense, they even made him a captain again this offseason. He is far and away their best LB and it's not close. He has always been the WILL, with Maualuga playing early down MIKE up through the years, but it doesn't really matter - the WILL is not really an outside position in today's NFL. Kevin Minter will now be the MIKE and very likely the nickel LB alongside Burfict. Like most teams they play mostly nickel which means that the MIKE and WILL roles are pretty much interchangeable - they're both inside linebacker positions in 65-70% of snaps and they'll both line up in the middle close up against the line of scrimmage in their A gap blitz looks.

Dawson was cut last year, put on taxi, and later promoted back to the roster. I think he's currently behind both Rey and Vigil. And Lawson looks like a great find at SAM unless he'll only be a rotational weakside end. Dawson is likely in a fight to make the roster against Jordan Evans and Marquis Flowers.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:34 am

First off - you must have pretty shallow rosters is you couldn't keep Burfict!

I agree that he is THE Bengals IDP to own, and perhaps one of the no brainer pickups around at the position.

As for value, I did trade him this off season for JJ Watt. I've owned him in several leagues for several seasons, and I have the same concerns as many - when will his next suspension come? Will he miss key playoff or stretch drive games for me, as he has in the past? I decided to pass that headache on to someone else - it helps that I have a stacked LB corps.

-oo-

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:44 am

no matter the limited games he plays, he is a tackle machine when he is on the field. TOP 10 IDP LB when he plays.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 am

To me it's a matter of time with this guy. Too many good LBs to over value Burfict. Pass for me.