Jordan Hicks

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Jordan Hicks

Postby Dyno_7 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:50 am

What are everyone's thoughts on Jordan Hicks? He seems to he developing nicely as a LB (in real life), but will it start translating into fantasy production?
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jordan Hicks

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:04 pm

There's only about 5 LBs in most formats that I'd possibly pay for. He is not one of them despite being pretty good. I'd sell given the chance.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:41 pm

I drafted him and sold him for a playoff push in 2015. He's serviceable. His price is usually higher than his IDP value. I'm snapping up cheap shares of Bruce Irvin instead. Look at Irvin's numbers after Oakland realigned post-BYE last year. Irvin is their new secret weapon.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dyno_7 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:27 am

Bruiser wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:41 pm I drafted him and sold him for a playoff push in 2015. He's serviceable. His price is usually higher than his IDP value. I'm snapping up cheap shares of Bruce Irvin instead. Look at Irvin's numbers after Oakland realigned post-BYE last year. Irvin is their new secret weapon.
Where is Irvin going to play, Mike or Will? Heard buzz about Jenkins and Heeney again even though I'm not a believer in either.

**My espn league actually has Irvin listed as a LB/EDR, so I suppose he could have excellent value as a D-line eligible edge rusher.
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:56 am

Yeah, Irvin is not a MIKE nor WILL. He is an edge player like Mack. His usage is prime for a league that rewards sacks.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 am

Bnew_7 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:27 am
Bruiser wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:41 pm I drafted him and sold him for a playoff push in 2015. He's serviceable. His price is usually higher than his IDP value. I'm snapping up cheap shares of Bruce Irvin instead. Look at Irvin's numbers after Oakland realigned post-BYE last year. Irvin is their new secret weapon.
Where is Irvin going to play, Mike or Will? Heard buzz about Jenkins and Heeney again even though I'm not a believer in either.

**My espn league actually has Irvin listed as a LB/EDR, so I suppose he could have excellent value as a D-line eligible edge rusher.
Irvin is a very versatile player who's good at rushing, good against the run, and decent in coverage - but he's a bit undersized to be a full time DL. He started out as a rotational pass-rusher, but as the Seahawks drafted more and more rushers he started playing SAM both on and off the line in base, and in sub-packages he would be a rotational LEO (weakside DE) and Joker/Spinner (standing up and moving up and down the DL right before the snap). His snap count was around 70% in this role. Towards the end of his time in SEA they started using him more in coverage in base - he spent around 20% of his playing time in coverage during this time, rather than play the run or rushing, which would seem to be a little bit of a waste as that's not really where he excels.

The scheme in OAK was quite similar as SEA to begin last season and he was more or less playing the same role as SAM in what was predominantly a 4-3 under, but he was now playing more of a pure LEO in sub-packages and in base he was playing more on the ball. Mid-season OAK changed their base formation to a 3-4 with Irvin and Mack as OLBs, which they are likely to use going into this season as well. If Mario Edwards comes back to form I think a 3-4 under is the most likely base formation with a 4-2 nickel and 4-3 big nickel with Irvin playing LEO. He played 88% of snaps last season and is likely to continue being on the field for most snaps, but he's going to be playing 3-4 OLB so his value depends on scoring setup and position eligibility. He had an amazing end to last season, but I'm not sure if those tackle and sack numbers are realistic for him going forward.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:23 am

Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 am
Bnew_7 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:27 am

Irvin is a very versatile player who's good at rushing, good against the run, and decent in coverage - but he's a bit undersized to be a full time DL. He started out as a rotational pass-rusher, but as the Seahawks drafted more and more rushers he started playing SAM both on and off the line in base, and in sub-packages he would be a rotational LEO (weakside DE) and Joker/Spinner (standing up and moving up and down the DL right before the snap). His snap count was around 70% in this role. Towards the end of his time in SEA they started using him more in coverage in base - he spent around 20% of his playing time in coverage during this time, rather than play the run or rushing, which would seem to be a little bit of a waste as that's not really where he excels.

The scheme in OAK was quite similar as SEA to begin last season and he was more or less playing the same role as SAM in what was predominantly a 4-3 under, but he was now playing more of a pure LEO in sub-packages and in base he was playing more on the ball. Mid-season OAK changed their base formation to a 3-4 with Irvin and Mack as OLBs, which they are likely to use going into this season as well. If Mario Edwards comes back to form I think a 3-4 under is the most likely base formation with a 4-2 nickel and 4-3 big nickel with Irvin playing LEO. He played 88% of snaps last season and is likely to continue being on the field for most snaps, but he's going to be playing 3-4 OLB so his value depends on scoring setup and position eligibility. He had an amazing end to last season, but I'm not sure if those tackle and sack numbers are realistic for him going forward.
Well said as always. Irvin has always been a hot and cold flashy type. I wouldn't overreact.

Not big enough to play DL, not smooth enough to excel as a LB.