Melvin Ingram

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Melvin Ingram

Postby jdomer2403 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:51 am

Any chance Melvin Ingram is hit with the DE designation? If so, what does it do for his outlook. He would be a beast in DE scoring I would suspect.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Melvin Ingram

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:16 am

90% sure he will be a DE. They are moving to a 4-3, so unless he plays SAM like Beasley, he will be a DE.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:35 am

Strong DE asset. Could put up Cam Jordan type of #'s.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:36 am

He's available in one of my leagues that I own Watt, Leonard, and Hunter. Any thoughts on outlook?
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:31 am

I'd project him to become a DE with Attoachu ticketed for SAM.... IF he signs his TAG. Remember this is the Chargers, and they let Bosa miss game action last year over dumb bleep. The Chargers are one of the worst destinations in the league for players that want to be paid their fair share.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Already a DL on Flea.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:41 am

Still LB on MFL, I think they already made their designation chances
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:25 am

IR1 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:41 am Still LB on MFL, I think they already made their designation chances
Probably because he hasn't signed yet. Once he signs and is officially part of their team, he will be a DE
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Is the Leo in Gus Bradleys scheme a DE or LB? Roto has Ingram as Bradleys Leo opposite Bosa.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:10 am

jdomer2403 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:54 pm Is the Leo in Gus Bradleys scheme a DE or LB? Roto has Ingram as Bradleys Leo opposite Bosa.
Weakside DE. He'll play from a looser alignment and operate in space in some fronts when they bring up their SAM as an OTTO, but the LEO is a weakside DE. He's not going to drop back and line up 5 yards off scrimmage. Their most common base front will likely be a 4-3 over which looks more like a typical 4-man front where the strongside end and the NT will two-gap and the 3-tech DT and LEO weakside end is being set up to attack. In 4-3 under and bear/eagle-type fronts they will look more like a 3-4 and you'll see the LEO aligning very wide with the SAM on the opposite side. In some fronts you'll even see the SAM with his hand in the ground two-gapping while the LEO is going to stand up like a 3-4 outside pass rusher normally would, but while the SAM will be moving on and off the line of scrimmage the LEO will stay on the line.

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Scoop him up now. Will be DE per roto blurb today

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:10 am
jdomer2403 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:54 pm Is the Leo in Gus Bradleys scheme a DE or LB? Roto has Ingram as Bradleys Leo opposite Bosa.
Weakside DE. He'll play from a looser alignment and operate in space in some fronts when they bring up their SAM as an OTTO, but the LEO is a weakside DE. He's not going to drop back and line up 5 yards off scrimmage. Their most common base front will likely be a 4-3 over which looks more like a typical 4-man front where the strongside end and the NT will two-gap and the 3-tech DT and LEO weakside end is being set up to attack. In 4-3 under and bear/eagle-type fronts they will look more like a 3-4 and you'll see the LEO aligning very wide with the SAM on the opposite side. In some fronts you'll even see the SAM with his hand in the ground two-gapping while the LEO is going to stand up like a 3-4 outside pass rusher normally would, but while the SAM will be moving on and off the line of scrimmage the LEO will stay on the line.
Oslo, your understanding of Bradley's scheme is uncanny. Did you study under Breeze?

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:30 am

Bruiser wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:15 pm
Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:10 am
Oslo, your understanding of Bradley's scheme is uncanny. Did you study under Breeze?
I am Gus Bradley's Norwegian distant cousin. No, it's just a defense I've been "studying", primarily reading articles from people with better football understanding than me, up on through the last few years. It's a scheme that sticks out a little bit so I've always found it interesting.

Speaking of Breeze I noticed on twitter that he is not convinced that Ingram will end up playing LEO, he seems to think that there is a chance that he will play SAM since his coverage skills are so good. I don't really see that. I mean, his coverage skills are good but the star of this scheme is the LEO and the 3T so I'm pretty confident that they will use Ingram at LEO and have him going forward. You want to stay aggressive and have him go and you don't achieve that by having Ingram move on an off the line as a SAM with responsibilities that will force him to hesitate at the line.

As for the 3T I think we're going to see Bosa inside quite a bit. The base end will be a jumbo end a lot of the time in this scheme and it's not a very aggressive role. If they go with an over front which is the main front in SEA and one that Bradley used more and more in the latter part of his time in JAX you'll want Bosa inside where he can go one on one against the guard rather than be 2-gapping on the outside.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 am

Yeah, Breeze issued a cautionary approach to changing player positions at Roto because he doesn't want to have to change back and forth. He wasn't firm on anything with Ingram, rather says there's a chance he doesn't have a defined role yet. I don't really expect Attaochu to be worth a damn, and I'm not even convinced that Ingram is any better than Dante Fowler.

I think the Chargers are poorly run, and the hiring of Bradley could be a big mistake. He will have to resurrect my confidence in him. I suspect that's an uphill battle in San Diego.