IDP Rookie Draft

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

IDP Rookie Draft

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Wed May 17, 2017 7:58 am

I have a draft this weekend for my IDP league and looking for some advice. This is a pretty big rebuild project that I am working on and have 15 picks in the first three rounds that should help. Please note that this is a DEVY league which means a lot of the big name rookies are already on teams (Fournette, Cook, Davis, McCaffery, M. Williams, Smith-Shuster, Watson). The team is in the sig.

Picks and potential draftees
1.01 Joe Mixon
1.03 Kareem Hunt
1.04 OJ Howard
1.08 Evan Engram
1.09 David Njoku (to complete a trade for Josh Doctson)
1.10 Zay Jones
1.11 Samaje Perine or Chris Godwin
2.06 Marlon Mack
2.10 Taywan Taylor/Jarrad Davis/Myles Garrett

I figure the thrid round would be a good time to pick up some IDP help
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
Qb Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
TE George Kittle, Darren Waller, Pat Freiermuth
K Justin Tucker
Def/St Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers

Possibly competitive team
QB: DeShaun Watson, Daniel Jones, Cj Stroud
RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka
TE: Kyle Pitts, Zach Ertz, Darren Waller, Tucker Kraft
K: Justin Tucker
D/St: Bills, Bucs

Wolfepack28
Role Player
Role Player

Re: IDP Rookie Draft

Postby Wolfepack28 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:06 am

I would trade at least a couple of those early picks for next year. While more picks means a higher chance of landing the booms as opposed to just busts, I would like to work on collecting picks for next year. You don't want to throw all your eggs in one draft class. Half of the guys you draft here may have very little value come January. I would cash in on rookie fever and trade your late first and the 2.06/3.01 for 2 1's next year. Always looking to maximize value with what you have. You have plenty of other early picks to set the foundation for the next few years.

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Wed May 17, 2017 10:12 am

Wolfepack28 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:06 am I would trade at least a couple of those early picks for next year. While more picks means a higher chance of landing the booms as opposed to just busts, I would like to work on collecting picks for next year. You don't want to throw all your eggs in one draft class. Half of the guys you draft here may have very little value come January. I would cash in on rookie fever and trade your late first and the 2.06/3.01 for 2 1's next year. Always looking to maximize value with what you have. You have plenty of other early picks to set the foundation for the next few years.
Only problem is the league is a Devy league and I don't have a 2017 devy pick. That means a lot of the better players will have already been picked.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
K Justin Tucker

RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Wed May 17, 2017 11:32 am

Looking at your signature...is it super-flex but you don't have any QBs?

I'm not sure if it makes sense for you to target all those TEs. Their value typically don't skyrocket, they take time to develop, and it's not like you're ever going to want to start three TEs, so I would rather take a chance on one or two of the QBs or some of the 2nd/3rd tier RBs. Spending three picks on TEs seems like a bad allocation of resources. The QBs were drafted so early that they're probably going to see the field sooner rather than later, and while they're not picks to be excited about as of today perhaps you'll end up with a Derek Carr. I would be more excited about the upside in going Howard, Mahomes and Trubisky rather than Howard, Njoku, Engram.

Do you think it could be an option to trade some of those picks for devy picks?

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Thu May 18, 2017 4:07 am

It is a superflex and the quarterbacks that I have are Alex Smith and Deshaun Watson (devy pick last year). I am selecting Njoku to complete a trade for Josh Doctson, but it hinges on if I get Njoku or not. Selecting Howard and Engram allows me to pretty much fix one position group instantly in this draft. That is the reason for taking two and then flipping the third (Njoku) for Doctson and a second round pick.

Currently I have an offer on the table which would have me send picks 1.11, 2.10, 3.01 and 3.10 for two 2018 first round picks, one of which will be mine. The problem with that is these players have already been selected Nick Chubb, Saquon Barkely, Derrius Guice, Elijah Holyfield, and Courtland Sutton. Plus there will be 12 more players that will be selected with Devy picks this year. So the 2018 draft will probably be a little watered down.

Just made a trade for Nick Chubb, and two 2018 first round picks. One of those picks is mine so it will be a pretty high pick, maybe even the first overall.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Fri May 19, 2017 10:05 am

Made a few trades and moved some picks. Draft is tomorrow and need some advice.

Currently I have these picks, current targets listed as well. Please see the first post where I detail which players have already been selected:
1.01 Joe Mixon
1.03 OJ Howard
1.04 Kareem Hunt
1.08 Evan Engram if available would really like to solidify my TE position. If Engram isn't available I am pick Zay Jones
1.09 Zay Jones*** if I picked Jones with the 8th pick I may go with either Curtis Samuel or Chris Godwin
2.06 IDP Hoping to get either Rueben Foster, Jarrad Davis or maybe even Myles Garrett. Would also consider Marlon Mack if he is available
3.04 Josh Reynolds
3.06 Patrick Mahomes
3.08 Solomon Thomas
3.10 BPA

Is there any players that I need to keep an eye on?
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker