Donald to DE designation.

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
PNWHawkfan
Starter
Starter

Re: Donald to DE designation.

Postby PNWHawkfan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:12 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:25 am
PNWHawkfan wrote: ↑Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:37 am Andrew Billings DT Cinn. Anyone have him on thier Radar? I just did some research on him. Has alot of Aaron Donald in him. He is a bigger guy and is basicly all upside right now. He has the upper body strength to dominate the interior of the line and get after QB's as well as stuff the run at the line. Cincy has him penciled in as the Starter next to Atkins so they are very high on him.

Thoughts?
It's so freaking rare that a DT is a stud IDP unless you're in a DT-required league. A stud DT is usually no more than a low end DE in most statistical cases
Aaron Donald....I am trying to plan for a life without him at DT.
12 Team 38 man Rosters PPR/QB & TE Premium league QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR-TE/Flex and IDP (QB 6pts per TD)
QB- Justin Herbert, Kenny Pickett
RB-Bij. Robinson, J. Taylor, S. Barkley, D. Swift, JK Dobbins, G. Edwards, L. Fournette
WR-Justin Jefferson, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, Calvin Ridley, Josh Downs, Jayden Reed, Brandon Cooks
TE-Kelce, M. Andrews, T. Mcbride, C. Otton
K-Brandon Aubrey

IDP- 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 FLEX 2 PT per Tackle, .5 PT per Assist. 6 PT per sack/INT
DT/DE-Nick Bosa, Jaelen Phillips, Aiden Hutchinson, Jonathan Greenard, Sam Williams, Matt Judon
LB-Foyesade Oluokun, Frankie Luvu, Quincy Williams, Damone Clark, Shaquille Leonard, Matt Milano, Bryan Asamoah, Chad Muma,
DB- Kamren Curl, Reed Blankenship, Kyle Hamilton, Josh Metellus

2018 Champion πŸ†
2020 Champion πŸ†
2021 Champion πŸ†

Taxi squad
Aiden O' Connel QB
Keaton Mitchell RB
Chris Brooks RB
Justyn Ross WR
Bryan Bresee DT
Tuli Tuipuloto DE

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:18 pm

PNWHawkfan wrote: ↑Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:12 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:25 am
PNWHawkfan wrote: ↑Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:37 am Andrew Billings DT Cinn. Anyone have him on thier Radar? I just did some research on him. Has alot of Aaron Donald in him. He is a bigger guy and is basicly all upside right now. He has the upper body strength to dominate the interior of the line and get after QB's as well as stuff the run at the line. Cincy has him penciled in as the Starter next to Atkins so they are very high on him.

Thoughts?
It's so freaking rare that a DT is a stud IDP unless you're in a DT-required league. A stud DT is usually no more than a low end DE in most statistical cases
Aaron Donald....I am trying to plan for a life without him at DT.
Haha I hear you. Billings might be good. I'm intrigued. Some are very high on him but I don't see Atkins going anywhere.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Thoughts?
I think you can safely stay away. Given how long it takes for Bengals defensive players to gain the trust of their coaching staff you're looking at a long play with limited potential reward.

There aren't many nose tackles that are preferred IDP starters. Even in DT-required leagues he needs to develop into one of the best NTs in the league for him to be startable over 3-tech DTs that have more of a pass rushing role, and at this point we don't even know if he will win the starting job this year. While Billings seems to be the favorite he'll have to fight off Hardison, and knowing how conservative Marvin Lewis is I can easily see them starting Pat Sims.

The lead Bengals NT has typically gotten around 30-40 snaps a game with the second NT playing a situational run-stuffer role 15-25 snaps per game. We might see a closer split this season if they don't fall down on a clear starter. But even those 30-40 lead NT snaps aren't very high value for IDP as it is Atkins and the DEs who are being set up to rush the passer and Bengals DTs typically don't put up a lot of tackles.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Oslo, do u go by Breeze otherwise?
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:09 am

Bruiser wrote: ↑Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:01 pm Oslo, do u go by Breeze otherwise?
Haha, no I'm just camping out here this summer. :wave: I got sucked in by that Rotoworld Edge debate post that one of my leaguemates in Paragon posted a link to.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:24 am

At any rate, your analysis above is money. Welcome to the forum. Always good to add more sets of eyes to the community.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:44 am

Bruiser wrote: ↑Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:24 am At any rate, your analysis above is money. Welcome to the forum. Always good to add more sets of eyes to the community.
X2

Oslo has quickly become one of my favorite posters on here.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:59 am

The more Bruisers, lukkys, and Oslos on this forum, the better for all of us.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

OldTimer
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby OldTimer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Maybe discuss using the "change player position" function with your league? Whatever positions your league supports requires you to have X number of roster spots with that player position covered. Otherwise you can't have a legal starting lineup. I agree, it would be better if your league simply called those starters "DL" which would fix this particular problem. But, if your league requires a DT(s) in your starting lineup then you draft, trade, and/or make waiver selections accordingly. I'd bet somebody in your league drafted Donald 4 years ago to fill that specific requirement. And, of course, he's just a great player.

I think most leagues have different scoring setups for DTs specifically to make that position somewhat comparable to DEs. Whether yours does or not, Aaron Donald is likely a lot more valuable to you as a DT as opposed to a DE. I'm sure he's a top 5 guy at DT, and even as good a player as he is probably isn't in the top 15 or so in your league among DEs. If you wanted to trade him is he more valuable to you as a top 5 guy at his position or the other way around? Changes in D coordinators happen all the time, but in a dynasty league, if you acquire a player to play DT "you" should be able to keep him at his DT position.

My leagues use the change player position function for this reason.

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:03 am

Oslo Oildrillers wrote: ↑Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:09 am
Haha, no I'm just camping out here this summer. :wave: I got sucked in by that Rotoworld Edge debate post that one of my leaguemates in Paragon posted a link to.
I had no idea how much IDP knowledge you had and I've played in leagues with you forever. Do you ever do any podcasts?

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:28 am

Howat wrote: ↑Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:03 am
I had no idea how much IDP knowledge you had and I've played in leagues with you forever. Do you ever do any podcasts?
Haha, are you saying that I should be doing better in the leagues I've played with you? As English is not my first language I don't think I would work very well in a podcast format. :oops: But maybe I'll take up writing some day when real life isn't as busy as it has been the last 5-6 years. :shifty:

PNWHawkfan
Starter
Starter

Postby PNWHawkfan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:29 pm

OldTimer wrote: ↑Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:15 pm Maybe discuss using the "change player position" function with your league? Whatever positions your league supports requires you to have X number of roster spots with that player position covered. Otherwise you can't have a legal starting lineup. I agree, it would be better if your league simply called those starters "DL" which would fix this particular problem. But, if your league requires a DT(s) in your starting lineup then you draft, trade, and/or make waiver selections accordingly. I'd bet somebody in your league drafted Donald 4 years ago to fill that specific requirement. And, of course, he's just a great player.

I think most leagues have different scoring setups for DTs specifically to make that position somewhat comparable to DEs. Whether yours does or not, Aaron Donald is likely a lot more valuable to you as a DT as opposed to a DE. I'm sure he's a top 5 guy at DT, and even as good a player as he is probably isn't in the top 15 or so in your league among DEs. If you wanted to trade him is he more valuable to you as a top 5 guy at his position or the other way around? Changes in D coordinators happen all the time, but in a dynasty league, if you acquire a player to play DT "you" should be able to keep him at his DT position.

The league voted to go to DL specifically, it hurts me still but makes it easier on everyone. We just don't understand the 3-4 to 4-3 like some of these other guys.
12 Team 38 man Rosters PPR/QB & TE Premium league QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR-TE/Flex and IDP (QB 6pts per TD)
QB- Justin Herbert, Kenny Pickett
RB-Bij. Robinson, J. Taylor, S. Barkley, D. Swift, JK Dobbins, G. Edwards, L. Fournette
WR-Justin Jefferson, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, Calvin Ridley, Josh Downs, Jayden Reed, Brandon Cooks
TE-Kelce, M. Andrews, T. Mcbride, C. Otton
K-Brandon Aubrey

IDP- 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 FLEX 2 PT per Tackle, .5 PT per Assist. 6 PT per sack/INT
DT/DE-Nick Bosa, Jaelen Phillips, Aiden Hutchinson, Jonathan Greenard, Sam Williams, Matt Judon
LB-Foyesade Oluokun, Frankie Luvu, Quincy Williams, Damone Clark, Shaquille Leonard, Matt Milano, Bryan Asamoah, Chad Muma,
DB- Kamren Curl, Reed Blankenship, Kyle Hamilton, Josh Metellus

2018 Champion πŸ†
2020 Champion πŸ†
2021 Champion πŸ†

Taxi squad
Aiden O' Connel QB
Keaton Mitchell RB
Chris Brooks RB
Justyn Ross WR
Bryan Bresee DT
Tuli Tuipuloto DE

Howat
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Howat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Oslo Oildrillers wrote: ↑Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:28 am

Haha, are you saying that I should be doing better in the leagues I've played with you? As English is not my first language I don't think I would work very well in a podcast format. :oops: But maybe I'll take up writing some day when real life isn't as busy as it has been the last 5-6 years. :shifty:
I'm not saying you should be better but how do you concentrate with so many leagues? I put your email into the find a league part of MFL and it shows that you're in over ten. I've tried to cut down my total number of leagues this year, hopefully it helps.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:16 am

Howat wrote: ↑Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:03 pm
Oslo Oildrillers wrote: ↑Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:28 am

I'm not saying you should be better but how do you concentrate with so many leagues? I put your email into the find a league part of MFL and it shows that you're in over ten. I've tried to cut down my total number of leagues this year, hopefully it helps.
It's really no problem. Offseason is easy, I'm always longing for more FF during the offseason. During the season I have a system where I do initial line-up submissions one day where I can see short term holes due to bye weeks or injuries, I do waivers for all leagues one day, TNF gameday inactive lineup changes all at the same time etc, and I do lineups through Scott Fish's site where I can do lineups for all my leagues on one page. Very handy when you're in 10+ leagues. For acquiring players I use "status in all my leagues" a lot when there is a FA I want to pick up, or a player I would like to trade for. It helps to use these shortcuts rather than go league to league to handle it all. The only crunch time is really on the last hour before kick-off with inactives being reported. If I'm unable to be at my computer in that hour it can become tricky and a bit stressful to get a good overview and get lineup changes in.

I'm in 17 leagues for 2017 where a big chunk is Zealots, Paragon and FFGhost's leagues. I'm good with 15-20 leagues. But I don't think I would be able to add like 10 more leagues and do a good job with all the leagues. I've heard of some that are in 40+ leagues but I'm assuming one would need a pretty open calendar to handle that many leagues, and I struggle to imagine that the guy with 40 leagues is going to be the most active in sending out trade offers and have the most lively division rivalries...

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:20 am

PNWHawkfan wrote: ↑Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:29 pm
OldTimer wrote: ↑Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:15 pm Maybe discuss using the "change player position" function with your league? Whatever positions your league supports requires you to have X number of roster spots with that player position covered. Otherwise you can't have a legal starting lineup. I agree, it would be better if your league simply called those starters "DL" which would fix this particular problem. But, if your league requires a DT(s) in your starting lineup then you draft, trade, and/or make waiver selections accordingly. I'd bet somebody in your league drafted Donald 4 years ago to fill that specific requirement. And, of course, he's just a great player.

The league voted to go to DL specifically, it hurts me still but makes it easier on everyone. We just don't understand the 3-4 to 4-3 like some of these other guys.
Yeah, there's no easy answer or solution to this problem. Changing to DL solves a problem but creates less value on DTs in general, so it's kind of a sad direction to go for owners who enjoy DTs but I can certainly understand that move.